We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Is there a way to add/edit pictures?

Hi,

Does anybody knows if there is a way to manage (add and edit/replace) pictures in XlsIo on Xamarin / Android?

Thanks,

Michael

7 Replies

DB Dilli Babu Nandha Gopal Syncfusion Team January 5, 2015 03:23 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Adding pictures in Xamarin :

Pictures can be added in XlsIO and the below code snippet illustrates adding pictures in XlsIO for Xamarin platform.

Code Snippet:

Assembly assembly = typeof(App).GetTypeInfo().Assembly;

Stream fileStream = assembly.GetManifestResourceStream("XlsIO.Templates.untitled.png");

sheet.Pictures.AddPicture(1, 2, fileStream);

Replacing pictures in Xamarin :

Currently, picture can’t be replaced in XlsIO but you can do it manually by deleting the picture and adding the new picture.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Dilli babu.

MI Michael January 5, 2015 04:13 PM UTC

Thanks, I didn't see this one.

Now I've my next issue ... the XLS image format is PNG. I had to add it to a PDF, but your component accepts only JPG.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Michael

DB Dilli Babu Nandha Gopal Syncfusion Team January 7, 2015 04:19 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thank you for updating us.

There is no Excel to Pdf conversion support in Xamarin. Are you trying to add image directly to a Pdf document and facing this issue? Please clarify us to assist you with a prompt solution.

Regards,

Dillibabu

MI Michael January 7, 2015 07:17 AM UTC

Hi Dillibabu,
My customer is using XLS files as templates for generated reports. The format for the report is PDF.
Basically Excel added with some data gives a report.

So sometimes we had to get images from the Excel files and add them to the report.
That's the point were we were had to convert the images from Excel (PNG) to JPEG, as your PDF component accepts only JPEG.

Regards,
Michael

PK Prakash Kumar D Syncfusion Team January 12, 2015 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Our Xamarin PDF has support for JPEG formats alone and have no plans of supporting other formats as of now. We would request you to use our Direct-Trac Support system to log a feature request by using the below link to login on Direct trac.

Please let us know if you need any clarification.

Regards,
Prakash Kumar.

SG Stephen Gray February 15, 2015 08:57 AM UTC

Hi Dilli Babu, are there any plans to support  Excel to Pdf conversion support for Xamarin in the future?

Regards

Steve

DB Dilli Babu Nandha Gopal Syncfusion Team February 16, 2015 10:23 AM UTC

Hi Steve,

We have no plans for providing Excel to Pdf conversion in Xamarin at present. However, we have logged a feature request “Support to provide Excel to Pdf conversion in Xamarin”. We will inform you if the feature is available in future.

Regards,

Dilli babu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon