We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridList sorting

Hi guys I''m developing application where I use GridList control for showing search results in multiple columns. I need to implement sorting behavior in it. How can I add sorting triangles into the header of GridListControl?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 16, 2004 10:54 AM UTC

Hi Dmitry, Currently there is no sorting support in a GridListControl. You would have to directly sort the underlying datasource. The GridListControl just virtually displays the datasource exactly as it is presented. It might be easier to use a GridDataBoundGrid in ListBoxSelectionMode (a property setting). You can make the currentcell not be shown by handling the CurrentCellActivating event, and setting e.ColIndex = 0. You can also make all the cells static with code like grid.TableStyle.CellType = "Static". You can also hide the row headers (grid.Model.Cols.Hidden[0] = true). Then you would have your sorting. Here is a KB article that shows how to make a GDBG look similar to a GridListControl. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10401 Also in future please post the Grid releated questions in the grid forum to ensure a fast reply. Best Regards, Jay N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon