We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

how to save data gantt control

how to model load and data save to base. how to listen control and model passed to controller save data.

5 Replies

JR John Rajaram Syncfusion Team December 10, 2014 05:34 AM UTC

Hi Tuvshintugs,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

We can load the database from the model to view via controller and we can track down the data from the view to model as input data through controller with the help of ActionComplete client side event.

Please refer the attached document for more details.

We have also prepared a sample based on this and please find the sample in the following attachment

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,
John. R

Attachment: DocSample_1aac170e.zip

PC Pankaj Chatterjee June 15, 2015 05:28 PM UTC

Hi,
I am trying out the Gantt control in MVC and using ActionComplete, I notice the following behaviour.

1. If I open up the dialog using "task detail" context menu, then on Save, the appropriate controller action is called.
2. However, when I drag a Task in the cart view, then while the update is reflected on the screen, there is no call to the controller. The same is true even when I am adding or deleting a predecessor

I would like to get hold of all dependent tasks when I change the starting or ending dates of a task either from the table/grid view or from the chart view.

What changes need to be done on the code supplied?

regards
Pankaj

MK Mahalakshmi Karthikeyan Syncfusion Team June 16, 2015 05:50 AM UTC

Hi Pankaj,

For your kind information, we have added an additional type for the event argument ‘args.requestType’ as ‘recordUpdate’ for the ‘actionComplete’ client side event, in our volume1 main release. This type will be fired to all the changes made to either chart view or grid view. This requestType will call to each time while updating the particular task as well as its dependent tasks. Please refer the below code snippet for details.

<script type="text/javascript">

// To update the database through dialog editing or tool bar editing

function ActionComplete(args) {

// To update the database during Outdent,editing,indent,predecessor update operation

if (args.requestType === 'recordUpdate') {

//...

}

}

This args.requestType === 'recordUpdate' will be fired whenever the actions made to data like indent, outdent, editing, and the predecessor update operations.

We have also prepared a sample based on this and you can find the sample under the following location.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/117764/ze/DataBaseUpdate996884826

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Mahalakshmi K.

PC Pankaj Chatterjee June 16, 2015 12:52 PM UTC

Hi,

I did download the example provided by Mahalaxmi K, however I am unable to run the same.

Environment - VS 2013 community edition, EssentialStudio community edition

1st time compile gave error. Used the StudioEssential Dashboard to migrate the project to .NET 4.5.1, the compile time error went away.

However, there are some conflict remaining which am not able to identify as the reference appear to be correct.

In the cshtml view file, syncfusion.MVC.EJ and syncfusion.EJ are not available

If I try to run, I get a configuration error.

Attaching screen shots to explain.

Please help.

regards
Pankaj

Attachment: Archive_6716118e.zip

MK Mahalakshmi Karthikeyan Syncfusion Team June 18, 2015 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Pankaj,

Apologize for the delay.

We have referred the screen shots provided by you in your last update. For your kind information, we have to add the necessary assembly files EJ and EJ.MVC from the essential studio installed location before attempt to render the Gantt control. We can get the above mentioned assembly files from the following location,

EJ: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\13.1.0.30\Assemblies\4.0 “ and

EJ.MVC: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\13.1.0.30\Assemblies\MVC”.

We have also prepared a new sample in the Visual Studio 2013 and 4.5.1 framework.

Sample:  http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119415/ze/MVC5Gantt1507325683

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Mahalakshmi K.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon