We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grouping with DataSource

Hi,
watching the examles I noticed the one that shows A LOabel for grouping the data inside the DropdownList.
I Noticed that is done using the external ul - li Structure. and using the TargetId() Method
There is a way to do the same with the DataSource binding or is the only way

Thanks

Andrea Perazzolo

6 Replies

SS Saranya Sivakumar Syncfusion Team December 1, 2014 07:42 AM UTC

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We are having a field called “category” in order to categorize the items in the Dropdownlist control. After setting category, we have to set “AllowGrouping” property value as true. By default, “AllowGrouping” will be set as false. We have prepared the sample based on your requirement and the same can be downloaded from the following location.

Sample Location: Sample

Please let us know if you have further concern.

Regards,                           

Saranya.S

AP Andrea Perazzolo December 1, 2014 08:40 AM UTC

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I asked because I was not able to find the field in the Online Documentation and in the AP Reference.

Andrea Perazzolo

AP Andrea Perazzolo December 1, 2014 11:15 AM UTC

Hi,
I just noticed that the Demo is not working form my installation.
I Have the SyncFusion.EJ.Mvc version 12.3500.0.36, you are including the 12.3400.0.38
I think it's a newer version than mine (I know that 3400 stands ofr MVC4 and 3500 stands for MVC5)
Do I Need to download a service pack?

AP Andrea Perazzolo December 1, 2014 01:10 PM UTC

Hi,
I have installed the Servce Pack 12.3.0.38, but I have included the Syncfusion References using the Nuget Package you provided.
Because there is no update of the Packages, I think I need to get rid of the package and include the reference manually,
because even substituting the files inside the package they same will be restored from the original source.
There is a solution for this or it's bettere I proceed getting rid of the Package installation?

Thanks

Andrea Pe4razzolo

AK Abbas K Syncfusion Team December 2, 2014 01:22 PM UTC

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the update.

Please find the response for your queries,

Queries

Response

I was not able to find the field in the Online Documentation and in the AP Reference.

We would like to let you know that, the Datasource for grouping in Dropdownlist control is a known issue and it was fixed in the latest Service pack release (12.3.0.38) by including new Field namely “category” in the Dropdownlist control. Hence we have not included the field “category” in the online documentation. We will update you once this field is included and refreshed in online. We appreciate your patience until then.

There is a solution for this or it's bettere I proceed getting rid of the Package installation?

Since we need to analyze more on the required Nuget packages, we will get back to you with the details in one business day(December 3, 2014).

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,

Abbas K

KP Kanimozhi Pandian Syncfusion Team December 3, 2014 11:18 AM UTC

Hi Andrea,

Please find the response regarding query on nuget packages.

We regret the inconvenience caused.

We will update the service pack Nuget packages v12.3.0.38 on or before 9th December 2014.

We appreciate your patience until then.

Thanks,

Kanimozhi.K.P.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon