We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DataMarker position cannot be changed in Windows Phone

I cannot change the position of the ChartDataMarker in SfChart for a column series in Windows Phone. The following line has no effect, the marker remains at its default top position:

DataMarkerPosition = DataMarkerPosition.Center

3 Replies

PR Prabakaran R Syncfusion Team November 14, 2014 01:16 PM UTC

Hi Steen,

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue on Windows phone. Could you please provide us more details regarding the issue also kindly revert back to us with the modified sample if you still face the issue?

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,
Prabakaran

Attachment: Sample_47835050.zip

SS Steen Steiniche November 17, 2014 08:44 AM UTC

Hi Prabakaran

Thanks for your reply. Your sample worked for me and enabled me to find out what was wrong.

The error relates to the order in which properties are defined. This order does not set the marker position correctly:

ColumnSeries col = new ColumnSeries();
ChartDataMarker dataMarker = new ChartDataMarker();
col.DataMarkerPosition = DataMarkerPosition.Center;
col.DataMarker = dataMarker;

This order does set the marker position correctly:

ColumnSeries col = new ColumnSeries();
ChartDataMarker dataMarker = new ChartDataMarker();
col.DataMarker = dataMarker;
col.DataMarkerPosition = DataMarkerPosition.Center;

I suppose the order ought to be of no consequence, but for now awareness of the correct order suffices.

Thanks

SB Suresh B Syncfusion Team November 17, 2014 11:58 AM UTC

Hi Steen,

We are able to reproduce the reported issue ‘When we change the order of the DataMarkerPosition’ on WindowsPhone. We will fix this issue in our next service pack release which is expected to be rolled out in the end of this week. 

please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,
Suresh B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon