We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Semi-circular gauge

The presentation of Syncfusion's Xamarin gauge (https://www.syncfusion.com/products/xamarin/gauge) promises a semi-circular gauge. This is precisely what my company needs for its mobile app. Unfortunately we cannot find any examples of how this is achieved. Does an example exist?

5 Replies

AA Arun A Syncfusion Team November 10, 2014 05:31 AM UTC

Hi Steen,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The requirement of achieving Semi circular gauge can be obtained by setting the gauge start and end angle as shown in the below code snippet.

code snippet:
scale.StartAngle =180;
scale.SweepAngle =180;

Please refer the below sample

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/131759/gaugesamples-1602183245.zip

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Arun

SS Steen Steiniche November 10, 2014 06:15 AM UTC

Hello Arun

Thanks for your reply. 

I was unclear in my question. I understand that I can set the scales to be semi-circular by adjusting start angle and sweep angle. But even when I do that, the gauge still takes up space as if it was circular. When adding it to a StackLayout, for instance, a following label appears far below the gauge, wasting a lot of screen space.

I was hoping that I could avoid a lot of RelativeLayout trickery to reclaim the "wasted" space below the gauge scale, but I take it from your answer that it is not the case.

AA Arun A Syncfusion Team November 10, 2014 09:17 AM UTC

Hi Steen,

Thanks for the update.

We regret to let you know that currently we don’t have support for “semi-circle getting fit with the available space“ In circular gauge and have planned to implement this support and it will be available in our upcoming Volume 4 2014 release.

Please let us know any other concern.

Regards,
Arun

ME Mark Erickson December 16, 2014 04:30 PM UTC

Hi Arun,

I noticed on the roadmap page the volume 4 does not include any changes for Xamarin?  Is this correct?  I am having the same issue as Steen and was hoping this would be resolved with the next release (slated for 12/20).

Cheers,
Mark

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team December 17, 2014 01:32 PM UTC

Hi Mark/Steen,

We regret to let you know that the implementation of semi-CircularGauge along with other types takes more than the expected time, so it will not be available in our upcoming volume 4 release. We will include this feature in the refresh release after our Volume 4 release. We appreciate your patience until then.

Please let us know, if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon