We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Intercepting/Cancelling an Undo/Redo Operation (what events are available?)

Hi,

There will be certain shapes (nodes) on our diagrams that are backed by database items; others are simply diagram-only items.
If a user were to delete a database related node, there may be a lot of related database objects that are also deleted.
Here's the use case:

1) A user deletes a shape on the diagram that has associated database attributes, including related database objects
2) A web service call is made to perform the necessary database updates
3) The user later clicks Undo

At this point we DO NOT want to allow this to take place, since undoing the database actions is going to be messy if not impossible.

So the question: Is there any way to cancel an Undo (or Redo) operation based on the shape (node) type (or other conditions) ?

To ask a broader question, what events are available in which I can handle such situations?
I have looked at the online documentation and have only come across the "drop" event.
Surely there are others.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jim

2 Replies

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team November 3, 2014 03:58 PM UTC

Hi Jim

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Currently we don’t have the option to prevent undo after deletion. We consider this as a feature request and created a new incident 131535 on behalf of you related to this forum. We suggest you to follow up the incident for further reference using your direct trac account.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Shyam G

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team November 4, 2014 11:46 AM UTC

Hi Jim

Please ignore our previous update.

Please note that by default while performing  the undo, items in the history list will be cleared. if we provide event  to stop undo, then the items in the history list will not be removed. So, you cannot perform further undo operation. However to overcome this limitation, we will provide you the feature to prevent entry in the history list.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,

Shyam G

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon