We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GetTextCoordinates returns only private members

Hi,
the event GetTextCoordinates outputs a list of PDFTextCoordinates, but all members of PDFTextCoordinates are private.

List<PdfTextCoordinates> textCoordinatesList;
this.pdfViewer.GetTextCoordinates(text, pdfViewer.PageNumber, out textCoordinatesList);

How am I supposed to use the private coordinates? Am I missing something?
Cheers,
Enrico

3 Replies

PR Parthipan R Syncfusion Team October 27, 2014 04:39 PM UTC

Hi Enrico,            

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

We have to load the PDF document to PDFViewer control if we want to get any required text co-ordinates from the documents. Below we have provided the code snippet for loading the pdf document into PDFViewer and GetTextCoordinates from the loaded document.

Assembly assembly = typeof(MainPage).GetTypeInfo().Assembly;

Stream fileStream = assembly.GetManifestResourceStream("PDFViewerWintRT.Assets.Pdf.Barcode.pdf");

byte[] buffer = new byte[fileStream.Length];

fileStream.Read(buffer, 0, buffer.Length);

PdfLoadedDocument ldoc = new PdfLoadedDocument(buffer);

This.pdfViewer.LoadDocument(ldoc);

List<PdfTextCoordinates> textCoordinatesList;

this.pdfViewer.GetTextCoordinates(text, pdfViewer.PageNumber, out textCoordinatesList);

Please, let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Parthipan

EG Enrico Gebauer October 27, 2014 05:17 PM UTC

Hi,
thanks for your message.

Unfortunately, this does not solve my issue.
As I have already written, I have no problem in filling the coordinates list List<PdfTextCoordinates> textCoordinatesList;
The problem is, that I cannot use the PdfTextCoordinates instances inside that list, since all members of the PdfTextCoordinates are private.

Hope that makes things clear.

Cheers,
Enrico

PR Parthipan R Syncfusion Team October 29, 2014 10:05 AM UTC

Hi Enrico,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We have created a new Direct- Trac incident on this query and we have updated more details on this query in the incident. Please find the incident from the below link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/incidents/131343

Please, let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Parthipan R. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon