We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Schedule control very sluggish. WinRT

I'm using the schedule control for WinRT and it seems to load slow on my surface 2, works fine on my desktop PC since it has more power (CPU and RAM). It also consumes quite a bit of memory. 
Is there anything I can do to optimize it?
Is this something that is known and being looked into?

15 Replies

JM Jeyasri M Syncfusion Team October 8, 2014 06:38 AM UTC

Hi Parsia,

We have already improved the SfSchedule loading performance issue for month view on surfaces in version 12.2.0.36.

Could you please let us know about the version details you are using in your application? If you are already using the version 12.2.0.36, then could you please provide us more information about the scenario in which the loading delay occurs, so that it will be helpful for us to work on this and provide a possible solution?

Please let us know, if you need any further clarifications.

Regards,

Jeyasri M

PZ Parsia Zare October 8, 2014 02:24 PM UTC

I am using the newest version. All I'm doing is navigating to a page that has the schedule control.
Like I said, it works fine on a powerful computer but on a Surface RT it is slow.

Here is a screenshot of the XAML Responsiveness.

Attachment: Xaml_1998a0c9.zip

PZ Parsia Zare October 8, 2014 04:03 PM UTC

Also it is important to note that the test above was done on my desktop pc (i7 with 8GB RAM).
So those load times would be a lot higher if it was on the much slower Surface RT.

JM Jeyasri M Syncfusion Team October 9, 2014 01:24 PM UTC

Hi Parsia,

Could you please provide us simple sample to replicate your scenario which causes the loading delay? So that it will be very helpful for us to analyse on it and provide you the possible solution.

Please Let us know, if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Jeyasri M

PZ Parsia Zare replied to Jeyasri M October 9, 2014 02:39 PM UTC

Hi Parsia,

Could you please provide us simple sample to replicate your scenario which causes the loading delay? So that it will be very helpful for us to analyse on it and provide you the possible solution.

Please Let us know, if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Jeyasri M

Here you go.

PZ Parsia Zare October 9, 2014 02:41 PM UTC

Attachement didnt attach the first time.

Attachment: App2_a2c08d30.zip

JM Jeyasri M Syncfusion Team October 10, 2014 10:22 AM UTC

Hi Parsia,

Thanks for your previous update.

We are analyzing on the Schedule loading performance issue on surface in the sample given by you. We will update you the details of this in two business days (October 14, 2014). We appreciate your patience until then.

Please let us know, if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Jeyasri M

PZ Parsia Zare October 10, 2014 02:19 PM UTC

Sounds good!

I attached some more information about the performance. This is the performance report generated by Visual Studio 2013.
Hope it helps.

Attachment: Report201410090732_a02c9aa6.zip

JM Jeyasri M Syncfusion Team October 13, 2014 08:50 AM UTC

Hi Parsia,

Thanks for your previous update.

We are analyzing on the Schedule loading performance issue with the information shared by you. We will update you the details of this in one business day (October 14, 2014). We appreciate your patience until then.

Please let us know, if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Jeyasri M

JM Jeyasri M Syncfusion Team October 14, 2014 01:38 PM UTC

Hi Parsia,

Thanks for your patience.

We have analyzed the Schedule loading performance issue with the report shared by you in that 48 instances has been created for ScheduleDaysView Control and similarly 15 instances are created for ScheduleMonthView. Normally when we load Schedule control only 3 instances has been created for Schedule Day View or Month View, but in your project it is loading more instances, so can you please ensure that the number of Schedule instance created in your project so that it will be helpful for us to proceed working on this and provide a possible solution?

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Jeyasri M

PZ Parsia Zare October 14, 2014 02:25 PM UTC

That means there is a problem with your control!!!
I provided you with sample code of what I am doing. I am not doing anything out of the ordinary. 
I am navigating to a page with YOUR schedule control and I used YOUR code from YOUR sample project.
If there are multiple instance being created that means your control is not cleaning itself up.

If there is a problem with the code I sent you need to tell me where because it was all taken from your sample project.

If you look at the report I sent you, I only tested the application for 35 seconds. How is it possible to create that many instance in 35 seconds?
I think your control has a memory leak or is not being disposed correctly. Either way this is something YOU guys need to look into and figure out.

PZ Parsia Zare October 15, 2014 03:09 AM UTC

Also, this is a Xaml control. So I am not creating the instances, the instances are being crated by your control!
If you look at the sample project I sent you, there is very minimal code and there is no code where I create a new instance of the Schedule control! 

JM Jeyasri M Syncfusion Team October 15, 2014 05:24 PM UTC

Hi Parsia,

Sorry for the Inconvenience caused.

Based on the provided information we suspect that the schedule loading delay occurs on surface due to changing the ScheduleType in Schedule and we have logged an issue report regarding this performance issue. The fix for this issue will be available in our Volume 4 2014 release. We will update you once the implementation has been rolled out or else if you need patch in advance you can create incident in below link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents/incidents/newincident

Please let us if have any concerns.

Regards,

Jeyasri M

PZ Parsia Zare October 15, 2014 05:33 PM UTC

When will the Volume 4 2014 release be avaiable? 

JM Jeyasri M Syncfusion Team October 16, 2014 11:01 AM UTC

Hi Parsia,

We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. Our Volume 3 2014 going to release on end of this October, so our Volume 4 2014 will be released on end of the January.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Jeyasri M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon