We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

IWorkbook and IWorksheet multithreading

Hey, I am trying to use parallel library to update cells content for a open IWorkbook, I use one thread for each IWorksheet inside the book, but always got error for index out of range issue which must be relative to the thread safe stuff. So I am wondering if multhreading support from syncfusion or not, if yes, can I get some sample code, my code piece like below:
 //iBook opened from byte array already

ExcelTemplateContainer excelTemplateContainer = ExcelDB.GetExcelTemplateContainerFromDatabase(defaultDBParamList, exTemplateID, isForClientDownload);
 var n = iBook.Worksheets.Count - 1;
 var options = new ParallelOptions() { MaxDegreeOfParallelism = 12 };
 Parallel.For(0, n, options, i =>
{
 IWorksheet xlWorkSheet = iBook.Worksheets[i];
 List xCellList = excelTemplateContainer.SheetCellsDictionary[xlWorkSheet.Name].ToList();
UpldateExcelsheetCellContent(xlWorkSheet, xCellList);
});
//the update method here
public static void UpldateExcelsheetCellContent(IWorksheet xlWorkSheet, List xCellList)
{
 foreach (ExcelCell xlcell in xCellList)
{
 IRange xlWorkBookCell = xlWorkSheet.Range[xlcell.CellNumber];
if ((xlcell.AccountID ?? 0) != 0 || !xlWorkBookCell.HasFormula)
 xlWorkBookCell.Value = xlcell.Text;
}
}

Regards,

hope can get some information soon.

1 Reply

SR Sudha Ramachandran Syncfusion Team September 30, 2014 01:18 PM UTC

Hi Fuhai,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Currently XlsIO does not support Multi-threading. Please refer to the Direct-Trac incident 130159, created regarding this query, for further follow up.

Please let us know if you have any queries. 

Regards,

Sudha R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon