We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Completely Lost

As the subject suggests, I feel that I am completely lost trying to get any of the Syncfusion controls working.  I've read as much as I can from the help and tutorials without success.  If anyone can help I would appreciate a kick start.

I created a simple MVC (Razor) application in Visual Studio 2013 and I would like to add a Rotator control. I've followed one of the tutorials which has almost produced success.  I've added the required references and amended the web.config files as described.  The following line in a view file seems to be the only issue at the minute:

@Html.Syncfusion().Rotator("rotatoritems").Height(100).Width(110).ItemHeight(100).ItemWidth(110).Circular(true)
            <ul id="rotatoritems" class="visibleHide">

..... and the error

Error 2 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<dynamic>' does not contain a definition for 'Syncfusion' and no extension method 'Syncfusion' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<dynamic>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) d:\MySites\mix_Foylesite1\mix_Foylesite1\Views\Tools\Tools_Rotator.cshtml 20 19 mix_Foylesite1

I can provide additional information if required.

1 Reply

MS Muralishankar Sundaram Syncfusion Team September 15, 2014 09:39 AM UTC

Hi Robbie,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We suspect that, you have missed to refer the Syncfusion assemblies properly. So that the reported issue has arisen.  Please follow the below steps to resolve this issue.

There are two ways you can create the Syncfusion application: 

1.      Add the Syncfusion Essential Tools to MVC application. For more information please refer the following link:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/asp.net%20mvc/documents/howtoaddessentialtoo.htm.

2.      Converting the MVC application into Syncfusion application using Migration Utility. For more information please refer the following link:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/asp.net%20mvc/documents/mvcprojectmigrationu.htm 

Assembly information: 

The following assembly information table will help you to refer the correct assembly version. 

Example: - (For MVC4 version and .Net framework-4.5) 

Core Assemblies: (.NET 4.5) 

Assembly Name

Version

Sample version -12.2.0.36

Syncfusion.Core

12.x450.x.xx

Syncfusion.Linq.Base

12.x450.x.xx

Syncfusion.Theme.Base

12.x450.x.xx

MVC Assemblies: (MVC4) 

Assembly Name

Version

Sample version -12.2.0.36

Syncfusion.Shared.Mvc

12.x400.x.xx

Syncfusion.Tools.Mvc

12.x400.x.xx

We have the attached the sample solution with Rotator control for your reference. 

Regards,

Muralishankar s

Attachment: RotatorMvcClassic_d4e065b0.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon