We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Checkbox not updating

I've got a sfDataGrid that contains a GridCheckBox Control. This is bound to a value in an observable collection:

<syncfusion:GridCheckBoxColumn MappingName="Selected"  HeaderText="Use" Width="50" />

When the window loads, everything is displayed correctly with the right values. If I check or uncheck the Checkbox, and then scroll, the values are rest to their original values when I scroll back. So, basically the bound collection is not getting updated (it works fine when updating a value in a text column). Is there something else I need to set in the column definition?

Rob

4 Replies

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team September 4, 2014 11:15 AM UTC

Hi Robert,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We have posted the response for your query in the incident (129226). We request you to follow up with that incident for further updates.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thank you,

Jai Ganesh S

NG Neelima Godugu October 21, 2014 08:27 PM UTC

I ran into the same issue. Can the answer be posted here? 

DF Diego Fernando Urabayen January 16, 2015 11:43 PM UTC

Hi everybody,

Should be to use a Template Column if need to update checkbox.

You can see in the following sample:

<syncfusion:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Break Column" MappingName="Break">

<syncfusion:GridTemplateColumn.CellTemplate>

<DataTemplate>

<CheckBox  IsChecked="{Binding Break}" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center"/>

</DataTemplate>

</syncfusion:GridTemplateColumn.CellTemplate>

<syncfusion:GridTemplateColumn.EditTemplate>

<DataTemplate>

<CheckBox  IsChecked="{Binding Break}" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center"/>

</DataTemplate>

</syncfusion:GridTemplateColumn.EditTemplate>

</syncfusion:GridTemplateColumn>

AN Ashok N Syncfusion Team January 19, 2015 12:22 PM UTC

Hi Diego,

We are sorry about the inconvenience caused.

We have analyzed your query but we are not able to reproduce the reported issue in 12.2. If we use Checkbox within DataTemplate column, the Checkbox will updated properly. We have attached the tested sample and video in the below location. could you please modify the sample based on your application along with the replication procedure. This would be helpful for further analysis.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/117204/CS_(2)-1776461869.zip

Video: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/117204/117204-455447863.zip

Please let us know if you need any further assistance

Thanks,

Ashok

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon