We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Setting MinDate/MaxDate crashing WP8.1 (WinRT) SfDatePicker

Hi Niall,

We would like to inform you that we have already fixed this issue and it is available in our 2014 Volume 2 service pack release 1 which can be downloaded from the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/117079/essential-studio-2014-volume-2-service-pack-2-release-v12-2-0-39-available-for-download

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,

Vignesh V

3 Replies

NI Niall August 28, 2014 05:15 AM UTC

Hi-

If I set the Min/Max date on the SfDatePicker control (Syncfusion 8.1 Controls for WP XAML - 12.2.0.36) - and then I go to select a new date it crashes the app. (getting Exception Error message 'Layout cycle detected.  Layout could not complete.'). When popup appears the d/m/y dials appear to be jammed up (day might move) and it then crashes pretty soon afterwards.

NB: I was able to reproduce this by adding following code to your SampleBrowser

DateTimePickers\DateTimePickerDemo.xaml.cs (at end of InitializeComponent code).

DP1.MinDate = new DateTime(2014,1,1);
DP1.MaxDate = new DateTime(2015, 10, 1);

Please advise if a fix is due for this.

thanks

Niall

NI Niall August 28, 2014 05:15 AM UTC

Thanks Vignesh - the SP fixed that for  me - I was not aware of it's existence.

Please Note - For some reason the dashboard/download section was only showing me old versions (latest .36 release). Similarly the Syncfusion control panel 'check for updates' function was also telling me my .36 release was the latest one (for both Windows Phone + WinRT XAML).

SS Sivaguru S Syncfusion Team September 3, 2014 09:42 AM UTC

Hi Niall,

Thanks for the update.

Please find my response for your queries.

Regarding this "For some reason the dashboard/download section was only showing me old versions (latest .36 release)", could you please create a support incident and update this information in that incident ?

We will check and update you the details in the incident.

Regarding this "Syncfusion control panel 'check for updates' function was also telling me my .36 release was the latest one".

Yes, it will show the updates information only for the Main Volume release versions. For the service pack releases we do not provide service pack build for all products . Since it is the service pack release, we have provided the platform installers only for the platforms that includes new features and fixes. For this reason, Essential Studio Syncfusion dashboard shows the 2014 volume 2 release version (12.2.0.36) as latest one.

Please let us know, if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sivaguru S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon