We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Extracting Text from PDF

Hi,

Is there a feature in place to extract text from an existing PDF file for Windows Phone 8.0?

I've tried the code in the Windows Silverlight documentation but got an error when initializing PdfLoadedDocument and the ExtractText() method was not recognized. I'm using Visual Studio 2013.

// Load an existing PDF

PdfLoadedDocument ldoc = new PdfLoadedDocument("Sample.pdf");

// Loading first page

PdfLoadedPage page = ldoc.Pages[0];

// Extract text from first page

string s = page.ExtractText();

Thanks for any help you could provide!

3 Replies

PR Parthipan R Syncfusion Team September 1, 2014 12:11 PM UTC

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for interested in Syncfusion Products.

We have created a new Direct-Trac incident on this query and we have updated more details on this query in the incident. Please find the Direct-Trac incident from the below link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/incidents/129113

Please, let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Parthipan R. 

CO Coder September 12, 2014 10:02 PM UTC

Hi Parthipan,

I really appreciate your response in the Direct-Trac. I'm curious now if there is an estimated time frame to implement this feature? I saw a Twitter reply back in 2013 from your company stating this feature will be out this year.

Thanks for any  insight you can share on this problem!

PR Parthipan R Syncfusion Team September 17, 2014 09:00 AM UTC

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for your update.

We don’t have any immediate plan to implement this feature. However we will implement this feature in our upcoming releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will update you when this feature has been implemented.

Please, let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
Parthipan R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon