We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to add click event handler

I cannot find documentation that addresses adding a handler for the click event on a node.  Can you please provide an example?

4 Replies

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team August 25, 2014 05:26 AM UTC

Hi Jeff

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

We are glad to inform you that we have created a simple sample in which we have fired click event for a node. Please see the code snippet below

model.Click = "onclick";

function onclick(args) {

if(args.element.shape) 

alert("nodeeventfired");

}

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,

Shyam G

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team August 25, 2014 05:28 AM UTC

Hi Jeff

Please ignore our previous update.

We are glad to inform you that we have created a simple sample in which we have fired click event for a node. Please see the code snippet below

model.Click = "onclick";

function onclick(args) {

if(args.element.shape) 

alert("nodeeventfired");

}

Regards,

Shyam G

Attachment: MvcApplication1_(3)_1ea62cc.zip

JE Jeff August 25, 2014 03:18 PM UTC

Thanks for the example.

I assume the purpose for the following test is to determine whether the element is a node:

if(args.element.shape)

Since connectors do not have a shape property, based on the current API this test would accurately distinguish between the two types that raise the click event -- nodes and connectors.

However, this approach is error-prone, because you as a vendor could do one of the following that would break my code:

• Add a connector.shape property
  • Deprecate and remove the node.shape property
  • Add another type of element that also has a shape property.  The sourceDecorator and targetDecorator are good examples.

I very much prefer the approach in MVC Classic, where there were separate NodeClick and ConnectorClick events.

If that is not possible, I suggest you add a property to args, indicating the element type.  As a customer, I want a guarantee that your event is handing me the type I expect.

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team August 26, 2014 04:55 AM UTC

Hi Jeff

Thanks for the update.

We are glad to inform you that we have created a sample in which click event is fired for both nodes and connectors. Please see the code snippet below

$("#diagram").ejDiagram({

click: onNodeClick,

});

function onNodeClick(args) {

if (args.element.shape) {

alert("node event fired");

}

if (args.element.line) {

alert("connectoreventfired");

}

}