We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Cut-and-paste a node

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

117113 Aug 14,2014 11:56 AM Sep 7,2014 11:34 PM ASP.NET Web Forms 3
Tags: TreeView
solymars
Asked On August 14, 2014 11:56 AM

I have a large tree with many levels and when my tree is fully expanded and I have to move a node from the bottom of the tree to the top, it is both challenging and painful to navigate up and down the tree to drop the node I am trying to move.  Is it possible to cut-and-paste a node to a parent/sibling node anywhere in the tree?

Thanks in advance.

Muralishankar Sundaram [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 19, 2014 07:45 AM

Hi Solymars,

Thank you for using syncfusion products.

By using the given sample, you can easily make cut and paste operation on the treeview, with the help of the given JavaScript method. We have used the context menu control to perform cut and paste operations. Use the below given information to perform cut and paste operations.

Action - Description: 

1. Select the specific treeview node press right click and select cut option in the context menu (Selected node and its child nodes will be removed and saved in a temporary variable).
  2. Select the specific treeview node press right click and select paste option in the context menu (The saved nodes will be add as child of the current selected node). 

Regards,

Muralishankar.

Attachment: Treeview_9ae15054.zip

solymars
Replied On September 4, 2014 08:14 AM

Thank you, I will give this a try.

Gurunathan A [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 7, 2014 11:34 PM

Hi Solymars,

Thanks for the update.

We will wait to hear from you.

Please let us know if you have further queries.

Thanks,

Gurunathan.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;