We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Changing the way SFTreeMap looks

Hi,
I know I'm trying to use TreeMap in a different way than intended, but I think it would look very good being used like this:

Basically I'm trying to turn it into a drill-down menu system. The Top level would have the title of the area the user wants to go to, clicking the area would bring up the next level down. I've been trying to get TreeMap to do this but not having much success. I don't want it to show the subdivisions until I click on the level. i.e. in the Continents example I would only see a blocked out area for Asia, North America etc, with no blocks visible within. On clicking on Asia, I would see the countries only with no blocking for sublevels, i.e. China with no provinces until I click on China. Finally at the lowest level, clicking on one of the items would trigger an event I could trap.

This would make a great navigation layout. But I can't get TreeMap to do it. Any suggestions?

Rob

1 Reply

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team August 5, 2014 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Robert,

We checked on the feasibility of hiding the blocking of sublevel items while displaying parent treemap items but this requirement is not feasible with TreeMap control architecture hence this requirement cannot be supported in TreeMap control.

Please let us know in you have any queries.

Regards,

Mageshyadav.M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon