We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DocIo

Hi,

I am using Syncfusion DocIo, I want to save the text page wise separately from the document. 
Let me know the possibilities

Regards
Charulatha Suryakumar

3 Replies

SK Sathish K Syncfusion Team July 18, 2014 06:02 AM UTC

Hi Charulatha,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Word document is a flow document and the flow changes based on the contents available in the document. So we can’t divided the contents page by page. As a work around kindly insert new sections breaks for each every pages available in the template document. Thereby we can clone each and every sections and save them as separate word documents. We have prepared a sample to illustrate the same. Please find the attached sample and let us know if this helps you.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Sathish

Attachment: GenerateWord_Web_762de063.zip

CS Charulatha Suryakumar July 18, 2014 02:07 PM UTC

Hi,

I want to read a text, page wise. Is it possible when I add footer page breaks
but I cant get it in document.gettext()

And have any solutions to read the line of texts and footers on the doc

Regards
Charulatha Suryakumar

SK Sathish K Syncfusion Team July 22, 2014 05:50 AM UTC

Hi Charulatha,

Thank you for your update.

As mentioned in our previous update Word document is a flow document. The rendering mechanism of the contents will be determined by the vendor of the viewer (MS Word, Open office, etc.,). So it is not possible to read a line from word document or to split page by page because it is not a static one. Kindly use the solution provided in our previous update to split the word document page by page by defining new sections for all the pages of the input template document.

Kindly use the below code to read the footer contents of the document.

HeaderFooter footer = newDocument.LastSection.HeadersFooters.Footer;

foreach (IEntity entity in footer.ChildEntities)

{

if(entity is WParagraph)

string text = (entity as WParagraph).Text;

}

Kindly refer the below UG documentation link to get more information on Headers and Footers:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/default.htm#!documents/headersandfooters.htm

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Sathish

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon