We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using RichTextBoxRibbon

Now that I'm able to bind my RichTextBoxRibbon to my RichTextBoxAdv, I have questions on how to use the RichTextBoxRibbon.

The ribbon does a good job of building a complete text editing application, but I don't need or want that.  I want a control that I can embed in my application.  Therefore...

1. How do I set "Visual Style" programmatically - either XAML (preferred) or C#?
  2. How do I change the colors used in the "Metro" Visual Style?
  3. How do I hide the "Visual Style" tab?
  4. How do I hide the "Page Layout" tab?
  5. How do I hide the "File" tab?
  6. How do I hide the "ReadOnly" button?
  7. How do I hide the Quick Access "Save" button?
  8. How do I hide the "Customize Quick Access Ribbon" button?

5 Replies

AP Arumuga Perumal S Syncfusion Team July 3, 2014 11:26 AM UTC

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Our RichTextRibbon control is customized from Ribbon control. We can also be able to customize a Ribbon control similar to RichTextRibbon control based on our requirement.

Regarding ‘Query 1’:
We can set VisualStyle programattically by using SetVisualStyle method of SkinStorage. We have mentioned the sample code snippet below:
SkinStorage.SetVisualStyle(this, "Metro");

Regarding ‘Query 2’:
We can change the colours used in the Metro Visual Style by setting the MetroBrush, MetroBorderBrush, MetroForegroundBrush and MetroBackgroundBrush of SkinStorage.

Regarding ‘Query 5’:
We can hide the File tab in Ribbon by set the Visibility of BackStageButton of Ribbon. If we collapse the BackStageButton, some alignment issues occur. We have already fixed this issue in our side internally. Kindly follow the incident #126941 to get fix for this issue.

Regarding ‘Query 3,4,6,7,8’:
If we do not wish to include the mentioned tool bar items, we need not include these in the Ribbon control.

We have prepared a sample tried on our side as per your requirement. Please do find the attachment.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Arumuga Perumal S.

Attachment: Sample_36ae8c2e.zip

CB Chuck Berg July 8, 2014 02:03 AM UTC

I realize that your RichTextRibbon control is customized from Ribbon control and that I could create my own RichTextRibbon control to met my requirements.  But I would rather not re-write all of the code that you've already written.

The sample you have created only includes some of the functionality from your RichTextRibbon control and leaves out many functions that I still need.  Perhaps you can provide a sample that consists of 100% of your existing RichTextRibbon control and then I could customize that as much as I need.

AP Arumuga Perumal S Syncfusion Team July 11, 2014 11:08 AM UTC

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for your update.

We have attached a sample with customized Ribbon control as per your requirement. Please do find the sample below.

Regards,
Arumuga Perumal S.

Attachment: OfficeUICustomizedRibbon_3dc8cb5.zip

CB Chuck Berg July 15, 2014 09:47 PM UTC

This is great - thanks!  Unfortunately, a number of the buttons are not working in this sample.  They include:

• Grow Font
  • Shrink Font
  • Font Color
  • Insert Table (using the grid)

In addition, the Font and Size drop-downs are empty.  Please advise.

AP Arumuga Perumal S Syncfusion Team July 16, 2014 05:54 AM UTC

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for your update.

We have modified the provided sample and now all the buttons are working fine. Please do find the modified sample from the below link. Try running the sample and let us know if this helps you.

Thanks,
Arumuga Perumal S.

Attachment: OfficeUICustomizedRibbon_99594fb8.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon