We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Showing Sub Totals in the pivot grid is Very slow

Hi
I am working with pivot analyses grid, I Bind 1000 No’s of data’s as item source to pivot grid.
Also I added a pivot rows to the grid so that subtotal generated for each pivot item in the grid. I don’t want subtotal of each items of pivot rows so I hided it by use the following code

Me.GrdPivotGrd.ShowSubTotals = False

Its hanging the form and not responding error is raised. It’s happening only having large number of data's. If I have small number of data means its works perfectly. Please give any solution as soon as possible

5 Replies

MK Muthukumar Kalyanasundaram Syncfusion Team June 27, 2014 01:03 PM UTC

Hi Ashokraj,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We would like to let you know that the reported query can be resolved by  setting UseOldHiddenScrollLogic property as true. You can make use of code,

Code Snippet:

GridControlBase.UseOldHiddenScrollLogic = true;

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,

Muthukumar K

AS Ashokraj June 30, 2014 06:25 AM UTC

Hi Muthu
Thanks for your response
        I Used your code still its getting same error .
so that i used the following code

GrdPivotGrd.TableControl.ScrollCellInView(GrdPivotGrd.PivotEngine.RowCount - 1, GrdPivotGrd.PivotEngine.ColumnCount - 1)
Me.GrdPivotGrd.ShowSubTotals = True 
GrdPivotGrd.TableControl.ScrollCellInView(1, 1)
Now its working.
     I have another doubt's
              1) I want to increase the width of pivot rows header column .
              2) In my grid showgroupbytotal  is in false but still showing total for one items of pivot rows .
              3)  Fit the pivot row column header to its records.
Thanks & Regards
T.Ashokraj

AS Ashokraj June 30, 2014 06:32 AM UTC

Hi Muthu
   PFA for my requirement
Regards
T.Ashokraj

Attachment: PivotChangesRequirements_a0383e31.zip

MK Muthukumar Kalyanasundaram Syncfusion Team July 2, 2014 02:05 PM UTC

Hi Ashokraj,

Thank you for the update.

Query 1

Increase the width of Pivot rows header column

If you want to increase width of pivot rows header column by using the QueryColWidth event. You can use below code.

Code Snippet:

this.pivotGridControl1.TableControl.RowGroupDropArea.QueryColWidth += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRowColSizeEventHandler(RowGroupDropArea_QueryColWidth);

this.pivotGridControl1.ShowGroupBar = true;

void RowGroupDropArea_QueryColWidth(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRowColSizeEventArgs e)

{

if (e.Index % 2 == 0)

{

e.Size = 192; // Customize your desired size

e.Handled = true;

}           

}

Query 2

Hiding the group of row in pivot grid

If you want to hide the group of row in pivot grid, you can make use of below link.

Please refer to it.

Link :  http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/windowsforms/pivotgridcontrol/116424

Query 3

Fit the Pivotrow column header

We implemented an feature module named “RowPivotsOnly mode” in Pivot grid for upcoming release. Please let us know if you are looking to create a UI like this layout. Please refer the below screenshot,

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/Pivotrowonly-1515146241.zip

Regards,

Muthukumar K.

OU ouedraogo replied to Muthukumar Kalyanasundaram March 16, 2018 05:42 PM UTC

Hi Ashokraj,

Thank you for the update.

Query 1

Increase the width of Pivot rows header column

If you want to increase width of pivot rows header column by using the QueryColWidth event. You can use below code.

Code Snippet:

this.pivotGridControl1.TableControl.RowGroupDropArea.QueryColWidth += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRowColSizeEventHandler(RowGroupDropArea_QueryColWidth);

this.pivotGridControl1.ShowGroupBar = true;

void RowGroupDropArea_QueryColWidth(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRowColSizeEventArgs e)

{

if (e.Index % 2 == 0)

{

e.Size = 192; // Customize your desired size

e.Handled = true;

}           

}

Query 2

Hiding the group of row in pivot grid

If you want to hide the group of row in pivot grid, you can make use of below link.

Please refer to it.

Link :  http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/windowsforms/pivotgridcontrol/116424

Query 3

Fit the Pivotrow column header

We implemented an feature module named “RowPivotsOnly mode” in Pivot grid for upcoming release. Please let us know if you are looking to create a UI like this layout. Please refer the below screenshot,

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/Pivotrowonly-1515146241.zip

Regards,

Muthukumar K.

yes

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon