We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ejGantt 'includeWeekend' Member

Hello,

Maybe I do not understand exactly how this feature works: includeWeekend, Platform- JavaScript, control - ejGantt.

I read data from Microsoft Project xml file, using ProjIO.
(See uploaded files: MySecondProject.xml, Original_project_02.png in MyProject02.zip)

When I set 'includeWeekend' to true, the data seem to be okay 
(except summary tasks: Start Date, End Date, Duration, Progress)
(See uploaded file: ejGantt_project_02_includeWeekend_true.png in MyProject02.zip )

But, when I set 'includeWeekend' to false, the data is not okay. (Start Date, End Date, Duration, Progress)
(See uploaded file: ejGantt_project_02_includeWeekend_false.png in MyProject02.zip )

Why is this so? Where possible difficulty?

Thanks and BR
Oto

Attachment: MyProject02_86e0897f.zip

4 Replies

ON Otomar Naprstek June 16, 2014 02:22 PM UTC

I am sorry,

I joined outdated versions of files.

Now is the valid version of file attached.

Thanks and BR

Oto

Attachment: MyProject02_modified_ce5080b3.zip

BM Bharath Marimuthu Syncfusion Team June 17, 2014 03:00 PM UTC

Hi Otomar ,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused.

We have analyzed on your query and please find the comments below,

Query

Syncfusion Comments

Maybe I do not understand exactly how this feature works: includeWeekend, Platform- JavaScript, control - ejGantt.

includeWeekend API can be either true or false Please find the details for includeWeekend API.

true: weekends (Saturday and Sunday) will be considered as working days.

false: weekends will be considered as non-working days(holidays)

When I set 'includeWeekend' to true, the data seem to be okay 

(except summary tasks: Start Date, End Date, Duration, Progress)

In our ejGantt implementation parent tasks (summary tasks) data will be updated depending upon its child tasks and taskbar relationship (), thus user input values(startdate, enddate, duration and progress) for parent tasks can be changed after validation .

But, when I set 'includeWeekend' to false, the data is not okay. (Start Date, End Date, Duration, Progress)

Input data (only startdate, enddate and duration)will be validated for includeWeekend as false ,since weekends are considered as non-working days , but we could not reproduce the issue mentioned in the screen shot provided by you for includeWeekend as false. So could you please share the sample to replicate the issue?

We have provided a sample and screen shots for API includeWeekend based on this for your reference, please find the sample and screen shots in the following location, And also we are analyzing on this to display the user input data without any validations .

Sample Location: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/gantt-646693005.zip

Screen shot Location: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/screenshots180295555.zip

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Thanks,

Bharath.

ON Otomar Naprstek June 19, 2014 05:41 AM UTC

Thank you for your reply. I found where the problem was.

Duration item was not filled, therefore it display the wrong.

After its fulfillment, according to 'includeWeekend' already displaying works properly.

Thanks and BR

Oto

BM Bharath Marimuthu Syncfusion Team June 20, 2014 04:30 PM UTC

Hi Otomar ,

Thank you for your update.

We are glad to know that your issue has been resolved , please let us know if you require any further assistance on this .

Regards,

Bharath.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon