We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Ranged Bar series?

I have some data which is basically a collection objects, each with a time range. i.e. DateTime start and DateTime end, with a bunch of other properties like title, description, icon and color. I'd like to display these as bars with the same Y position (as no time ranges will overlap), and the dates on the X axis, however I wasn't able to get this working nicely.

I've managed to create a workaround using RangeColumnSeries, with IsTransposed set to true. Also my TimeSpan axis which would normally be an X axis is now a Y axis. It appears to work, but unfortunately some behaviors don't work well with IsTransposed series, like the ChartTrackballBehavior.

My question is, is it possible to create my own implementation of a ChartSeries? Or is there a simpler way to do this?

1 Reply

MA Mohammed Azarudeen Syncfusion Team June 16, 2014 01:19 PM UTC

Hi Bob,

We have analyzed your query and  you can use RangeColumn with IsTransposed property as True for your requirement(Range Bar). Also ChartCrossHairBehavior horizontal line does not appear when  IsTransposed property set as true for RangeColumn. We have already logged the defect report for this issue and fix of this issue will be available in our upcoming Volume 2 release at the end of June 2014. So we request you to check with the product page in our website periodically.

Regards,

Mohammed Azarudeen.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon