We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to allow user to sort columns in protected sheet using c#

Hello,

I have password protected sheet.User does not have password.
I want to allow user to edit range so that user can  sort some editable columns in the sheet using C# code.
I would like to know how it can be achieved using syncfusion.
Any help is appreciated .
Thanks in advance.

-Sanket

3 Replies

PM Prasanth M Syncfusion Team June 12, 2014 08:25 AM UTC

Hi Sanket,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

XlsIO already has support to allow users to edit range of cells from password protected worksheet. We have shared the documentation link for your reference.

Documentation Link: http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/xlsio/default.htm#!documents/editrange.htm

Please let us know if you need any clarification.

Regards,
Prasanth

SA Sanket June 12, 2014 08:47 AM UTC

Thanks for your reply.
To be specific with my requirement on Excel Sheet, Review Tab we have a option called "Allow Users to Edit Ranges" under Changes section where we want to add our range. As we want the user to sort the data under protected sheet.

Please find attached link which shows the manual processs to achieve our requirement.

All we need now is to add that range under "Allow Users to Edit Range" through C#.

TIA.

PM Prasanth M Syncfusion Team June 13, 2014 09:10 AM UTC

Hi Sanket,

XlsIO does not have support for “Allow Users to Edit Range”. But it can be achieved from other way. We have created the sample based on your requirement. It can be downloaded from the following link.

Sample Link: Password_Protected.zip

Please let us know if you need any clarification.

Regards,

Prasanth

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon