We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Location of scrollbar and freezing set amount of rows and columns

Can you move the location of the vertical scroll bar so its not at the far right of grid. For example can i have a grid that has 128 rows and 5 columns. Can I put the scroll bar in between the 2 and 3rd column so that when it scrolls down it only scrolls the first and second columns and the 3rd through the 5th dont move? If you cant do that can you lock a set of cells to not scroll. Same grid i said above but say if the scrollbar has to stay on the far right can u say freeze anything in like row 1 through 128 if its in column 3 through 5 so they dont scroll but everything else does?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 12, 2004 02:09 PM UTC

No. I think you could try to use two grids for this. One that did not scroll and the other that did. This way you could hide teh scrollbar on the fixed and provided you sited the grids in the proper manner, you could have the appearance of a scrollbar in the middle of a single grid. You could also try using a virtual grid to manage this, but the crollbar would be on the right. In your QueryCellInfo, you would provide teh fixed data based on the relative row (subtractingthe grid.TopRowIndex to get the relative row) instead of the normal absolute row. Bit you would also have to trun off some scrolling optimizations as the whole grid would have to be repainted with each scroll.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon