We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Text wrap in cells??

Hello
I have a table with a column with texts long, how can I format this column will appear the text wrap?

PD: I attached a screenshot of my table. The column that I do wrap with texts is 'Observaciones'

Thanks

Attachment: Table_2567c9fa.rar

6 Replies

JS Jesus Sanchez May 27, 2014 06:27 AM UTC

Hi,
I tried your example but I doesn't build, I missing some reference (Syncfusion.EJ and Syncfusion.EJ.Mvc), I am using the version 11.4... I've tried to introduce the style I propose within my App but does not work.
<style>       

.e-grid .e-rowcell {

white-space:normal

}

</style>

I've tried to create a template with a <table>but does not work, why this template doesn't work?.

Thank you

Attachment: _ObservacionesTemplate_24fa32d.zip

JS Jesus Sanchez May 27, 2014 06:27 AM UTC

Thanks!!!!!

Now It Works!!! nice!!!

SK Shanmugaraja K Syncfusion Team May 27, 2014 06:27 AM UTC

Hi Jesus,

Thanks for your update.

We suggest you to use AllowAutoWrap property to resolve your issue. Please refer the below code snippet to achieve your requirement.

[CSHTML]

@(Html.Syncfusion().Grid<autowrap.Models.Student>("GenericListGrid")

.Datasource(Model)

…..

.AllowAutoWrap(true)

.Column(cols =>

{

cols.Add(c => c.UniversityCode).HeaderText("University Code").TextAlign(Syncfusion.Mvc.Grid.TextAlignment.Right);

cols.Add("Template").TemplateColumn(true).TemplateName("WrapText").HeaderText("Title");

cols.Add(c => c.Duration).HeaderText("Duration").TextAlign(Syncfusion.Mvc.Grid.TextAlignment.Right);

cols.Add(c => c.CourseFees).HeaderText("Course Fees").TextAlign(Syncfusion.Mvc.Grid.TextAlignment.Right).Format("{0:C}").Width(150);

cols.Add(c => c.CGPA).HeaderText("CGPA").TextAlign(Syncfusion.Mvc.Grid.TextAlignment.Right).Width(180).Format("{0:P}");

}))

For your convenience, we have created simple sample with you requirement and the same can be downloaded from the following link.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Shanmugaraja K

Attachment: autowrap_ad0cd577.zip

SK Shanmugaraja K Syncfusion Team May 27, 2014 06:27 AM UTC

Hi Jesus,

Thanks for your update.

We are glad to know that your issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you have any other concerns so that we will be happy to help you out.

Regards,

Shanmugaraja K

AS Alan Sangeeth S Syncfusion Team May 27, 2014 06:27 AM UTC

Hi Jesus,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

We would like to let you know that we do not have support for "AutoWrap grid content". Since this feature isn’t available in our product, we have logged this as feature.

This feature can be tracked through our Features Management System:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/features/JS-2299

But we can achieve this requirement using the following workaround.

<style>       

.e-grid .e-rowcell {

white-space:normal

}

</style>

For your convenience, we have created a simple sample and the same can be downloaded from the following location.

Sample Location: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/125045/SyncfusionMvcApplication31994021126.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Alan Sangeeth S

AS Alan Sangeeth S Syncfusion Team November 5, 2014 04:51 AM UTC

Hi Jesus,

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio Vol 3, 2014 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/117495/essential-studio-2014-volume-3-final-release-v12-3-0-36-available-for-download

ASP.Net MVC Grid feature "AutoWrap grid content" is included in the above provided link.

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon