We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Entry Point Not Found while Exporting to PDF or Excel or Doc

Hi
   I am trying to export the grid data to pdf/Exce/Doc . i used your sample demo as reference .
In your demo project itself it showing the error as "Entry Point Not Found" .
Herewith i attached that print screen of that error and send me correct sample to use in my application.
    Coding you used for Excel Export in Demo solution
                    Dim engine As New ExcelEngine()
    Dim app As IApplication = engine.Excel.Application
    Dim book As IWorkbook = app.Workbooks.Create(1)
    Dim gecc As New Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterControl()
    Dim saveFileDialog As New SaveFileDialog()
    saveFileDialog.Filter = "Files(*.xls)|*.xls"
    saveFileDialog.DefaultExt = ".xls"
    If saveFileDialog.ShowDialog() = System.Windows.Forms.DialogResult.OK Then
     gecc.ExportRange(GridRangeInfo.Rows(5, 8), Me.gridControl1.Model, book.Worksheets(0), ConverterOptions.Default)
     book.SaveAs(saveFileDialog.FileName)
     If MessageBox.Show("Do you wish to open the xls file now?", "Export to Excel", MessageBoxButtons.YesNo, MessageBoxIcon.Question) = System.Windows.Forms.DialogResult.Yes Then
      Dim proc As New Process()
      proc.StartInfo.FileName = saveFileDialog.FileName
      proc.Start()
     End If
    End If
Regards
T.Ashokraj    

Attachment: EntryPointErrorMsg_5c50f602.zip

5 Replies

MK Muthukumar Kalyanasundaram Syncfusion Team May 27, 2014 12:39 PM UTC

Hi  Ashokraj,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Query:

Export the grid data to  Pdf/Excel/Word

We could not able to replicate the reported issue from our side.

For you convenience, we have attached the prepared sample. Please refer to it and let us know if the issue still exist. If so please send us the replication procedure of the reported issue.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Muthukumar K

Attachment: Export_gridData_17451b5e.zip

AS Ashokraj May 28, 2014 04:17 AM UTC

Hi MuthuKumar
   Thanks for your reply , still same issue exists in your attached source itself. i dont know how to get replication procedure of the reported issue. i think dll reference want to change plz send the latest version of dll which used for export.

Regards
T.Ashokraj

MK Muthukumar Kalyanasundaram Syncfusion Team May 29, 2014 12:35 PM UTC

Hi Ashokraj,

Thanks for your update.

Query:

Entry Point not found Exception

We tried to replicate the reported issue in our side, but we could not able to reproduce it.

The reported issue will occur when your application does not have the correct entry point. Please refer to the below information.

*The common language runtime is unable to locate an application entry point (typically a Main method) in an executable assembly. The application entry point must be a global or static method that has either no parameters or a string array as its only parameter. The entry point can return void, or it can return an Int32 or UInt32 exit code. An application assembly cannot define more than one entry point.

please refer to the following msdn link for more details about this kind of exception(and how to overcome it).
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.entrypointnotfoundexception%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Muthukumar K

AS Ashokraj June 2, 2014 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Muthukumar
    Thanks for your reply
     I solved this issue by changed my system memory 32 Bit to 64 Bit. Now its working perfectly

Thanks & Regards
T.Ashokraj

MK Muthukumar Kalyanasundaram Syncfusion Team June 4, 2014 04:21 AM UTC

Hi Ashokraj,
       Thanks for your reply.   
       Glad to hear from you.

Thanks & Regards,
 Muthukumar K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon