We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Facing issues while using OlapClient demo version

Hi,
   We are using demo version of syncfusion product and while using olapclient control as it is shown in samples with our SSAS cube as data source we are facing some issues:

• Always default measure is displayed in categorical axis and if we drag new measure it is displayed but with default measure and if try to remove default measure the new one also not displayed.
  • When new dimension member is dragged in Series axis all the measures included not visible and only default measure will be visible against that particular dimension.
  • If trying to create new report it again get reset back to Report1 which was displayed during initial execution. 
            Please let us know if any other information is needed to resolve above issues.

9 Replies

PS Prabu S Syncfusion Team May 22, 2014 05:45 AM UTC

Hi Ronak,

Please find the response for queries.

Queries

Syncfusion comments

To avoid the default report binding

Kindly set “this.OlapClient_ID.LoadWithDefaultReport” property as “false” before databind function to avoid binding of default report.

If we drag new measure it is displayed but with default measure and if try to remove default measure the new one also not displayed

Control must be binded for the first time only. So please ensure the DataBind() function must be inside the  “if (!IsPostBack)” condition. This will avoid the default or initial report binding every time. Please find the code snippet below.

Code snippet [C#]:

if (!IsPostBack)

{

string connectionString = string.Format("Data Source=localhost; Initial Catalog=Adventure Works DW;");

DataManager = new OlapDataManager(connectionString);

this.OlapClient1.OlapDataManager = DataManager;

this.OlapClient1.LoadWithDefaultReport = false;

this.OlapClient1.DataBind();

}

When new dimension member is dragged in Series axis all the measures included not visible and only default measure will be visible against that particular dimension

If trying to create new report it again get reset back to Report1 which was displayed during initial execution. 

Test sample

Please find the sample attached for your convenience.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,

Prabu S.

Attachment: DemoSample_a1fba694.zip

RJ Ronak Jain May 23, 2014 10:47 AM UTC

Hi,
   Thanks Prabhu for sending sample code it is working now.But when we try to integrate olapclient control with our web application it is throwing error as :
   Only one instance of ScriptManager is allowed.
       We are using Script Manager tag in master page so that we don't have to give it in content pages but if we don't use Script Manager in the page where we are using olapclient control it is not working correctly and we are not able to drag and drop dimensions or any other measures.Please let us know workaround for this as we can't remove Script manager from our master page.Also please try to reply soon as we are thinking of buying the product.

Thanks,
  Ronak

RJ Ronak Jain May 23, 2014 11:02 AM UTC

While using olapclient control how we can set height and width to 100% .

RJ Ronak Jain May 23, 2014 11:39 AM UTC

In addition to above questions we have few more queries:

• hiding dimension and measures in cube browser window.I have seen other thread related to this but can you  provide code for asp.net application.
  • Is it possible to provide data level security to cube in OlapClient by any property or method ? I mean if a particular user log in to the application then only data related to the user should be visible or the measures should be based on the login.

PS Prabu S Syncfusion Team May 26, 2014 06:30 AM UTC

Hi Ronak,

Please find the response below.

Queries

Comments

Script error when using Master page

If the component  is place inside the master page. Kindly set the “ClientIDMode” property to “AutoID” mode to avoid the scrip error.

Example code snippet [.aspx]:

<cc1:olapclient ID="OlapClient1" ClientIDMode="AutoID" runat="server"  height="600px" width="800px"> </cc1:olapclient>

hiding dimension and measures in cube browser window

We would like to inform you that dimension or measure can be hide in cube dimension browser. In this sample we hide the “Customer” and “Employee” dimensions and “Internet Sales Amount” measure.

Code snippet [C#]:

To hide dimension:

TreeNodeCollection tree = this.OlapClient1.CubeDimensionBrowser.Nodes[0].ChildNodes;

for (int i = tree.Count - 1; i >= 0; i--)

if (tree[i].Text == "Customer" || tree[i].Text == "Employee")

this.OlapClient1.CubeDimensionBrowser.Nodes[0].ChildNodes.Remove(tree[i]);

To hide measure:

void CubeDimensionBrowser_TreeNodeExpanded(object sender, TreeNodeEventArgs e)

{

TreeNodeCollection tree = e.Node.ChildNodes;

for (int i = tree.Count - 1; i >= 0; i--)

{

if (tree[i].Text == "Internet Sales Amount")

tree.RemoveAt(i);

}

}

Please find the attached sample.

·  Is it possible to provide data level security to cube in OlapClient by any property or method ? I mean if a particular user log in to the application then only data related to the user should be visible or the measures should be based on the login.

We can pass the connection string with additional parameter “Roles” to provide specific permission for user and it will allow user to see only the allowed members and hide the rest. We have created a simple sample on the same. In the sample, we have defined the role (“Role1”) in connection string and it will allow permission to see as well as operate only the member “Bikes” under “Product” dimension.

Please find the connection string that illustrate the same.

Role base connection string:

@"Data Source=http://bi.syncfusion.com/olap/msmdpump.dll;Roles=Role1; Initial Catalog=Adventure Works DW 2008 SE;"

Thanks,

Prabu S.

Attachment: HideMembers_9ab7285c.zip

RJ Ronak Jain May 30, 2014 09:20 AM UTC

Hi Prabhu,
   Thanks for resolving all the issues and now olapclient is working perfectly.
       We are also thinking of using OlapChart and OlapGrids so using sample code given on syncfusion site we created olapchart but after mapping all dimension column and row elements chart is showing empty data.
     The code which i am using while mapping dimension column and row element is :

dimensionElementColumn.Name = "Monthly Cost";
        // Adding level Element along with Hierarchy Element
        dimensionElementColumn.AddLevel("Monthly Cost", "ProductName")
 Note: here MonthlyCost is also dimension name and product is single level without any hierarchy which contain members as food,clothes etc.So you can consider it as column field in a table.

For row element below code is used
dimensionElementRow.Name = "Time";
        // Adding level Element along with Hierarchy Element
        dimensionElementRow.AddLevel("Time", "Year");
            Here Time is name of dimension,one hierarchy is also present which [Year Quarter Month ] and year is level in hierarchy as well.

So please let me know as early as possible which method to use for non hierarchy elements as I am bit unclear about that and also how to give elements for slicer axis where we have non hierarchical elements.

Thanks
Ronak

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team June 3, 2014 10:59 AM UTC

Hi Ronak,

Please find the attached document.

Thanks,
Alagarsamy D.

Attachment: DimensionElement_6dae645c.zip

RJ Ronak Jain June 9, 2014 06:12 AM UTC

Hi,
  Thanks for sending the sample code but we have dropped idea of using olapchart for now.
      but while using OlapClient we found another issue which is that when we display data in chart it is not scrollable or the scroll part is disabled and suppose for time dimension hierarchy if we expand one year to quarters and months then other which was displaying quarter data will start showing only year data.
    Please let me how to resolve this part as grid is displaying proper data but in chart it is not visible.

Thanks,
Ronak

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team June 10, 2014 09:51 AM UTC

Hi Ronak,

We couldn’t able to reproduce the reported problem at our end. We would very much appreciate if you could provide us step-by-step replication procedure to reproduce the problem (screen shots/videos are appreciated). This would help us to proceed further.

Thanks,

Alagarsamy D.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon