We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Issues with Chart control Zoom action when having 2 series on the same chart control

Hello all,

Environment: VS2013, .net 4.5, asp.net mvc (classic) controls, asp.net one solution (asp.net mvc + asp.net), controls version: 12.1450.0.43

I have a chart that contains 2 series:

Series 1: is a series of type Spline and contains few hundred points.
Series 2: is a series of type scattered and contains 10 points. These are styled custom (rectangular shape and tooltip) in order to mark some peaks. Bellow are the scenarios that should work.

1. Chart data is loaded - NO ZOOM operation: when I hover over Series 2 points the client side event - ClientSideOnMouseMove - is raised and I can receive some information regarding the hovered point, in particular the PointIndex value and series that this point belongs to, in this case Series 2.

ex: I hava a total of 10 points that belong to Series 2

When I hover over these points the hover event give me the PointIndex informatio and the series that this point belongs to
1st point - PointIndex =1, Series 2
2nd Point - PointIndex = 2, Series 2
3rd Point - PointIndex = 3, Series 2
10th Point - PointIndex = 10, Series 2

2. Chart data is loaded - executed ZOOM operation with mouse drag: when I hover over Series 2 points points the client side event - ClientSideOnMouseMove - is raised and I can receive some information regarding the hovered point, in particular the PointIndex value and series that this point belongs to, in this case Series 2:

1st point - PointIndex =500, Series 1, correct tooltip is shown
2nd Point - PointIndex = 2, Series 2, , correct tooltip is shown
3rd Point - PointIndex = 300, Series 1, , correct tooltip is shown
10th Point - PointIndex = 4, Series 2, correct tooltip is shown

As you can see, when zoom what executed, when I hover overt the points from Series 2, despite the tootip is shown, the information regarding the PointIndex and Series is not accurate. Some points from the Series 2 are reported to belong to Series 1. I would need that when the zooming is executed all the points from Series 2 to be reported by ClientSideOnMouseMove as they belong to Series 2 having the proper PointIndex.

Can you please help me with this?

Thank you,
Razvan

1 Reply

AT Anandaraj T Syncfusion Team May 20, 2014 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Razvan,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

The reported issue is related to the issue reported in forum 116327, also fix for both issues will be same. We will provide the patch in support incident 125187 for forums 116327 and 116394 as promised.

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,
Anand

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon