We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Method ExportAsActionResult not a member of PdfDocument

Hi,

i'm trying to implement a PDF export feature to a ASP.NET MVC 4 Syncfusion Project following this example:

http://mvc.syncfusion.com/demos/reporting/pdf/Tables/NorthwindReport

There are two problems i cannot solve:

1. using Syncfusion.Mvc.Pdf; - There is no Namespace Pdf under Mvc
2. return doc.ExportAsActionResult(...) there is no method ExportAsActionResult in Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfDocument

Thanks for your help

Kind regards 
lc

5 Replies

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team April 28, 2014 05:21 AM UTC

Hi lc,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

You may include the below mentioned namespace using Syncfusion.Pdf which is present in Syncfusion.Pdf.Mvc. ExportAsActionResult API is not available in Syncfusion.Pdf.Mvc.dll. This function is available in PdfExtension.cs class in the sample browser (Pdf.MVC\Samples\Extensions\PdfExtension.cs).

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan.C

LC lc June 12, 2014 02:33 PM UTC

I found Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfDocument.Save which sends the pdf to the browser

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team June 16, 2014 03:56 AM UTC

Hi lc,

Thank you for your update, please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan.C

AB Anis Boulaid March 8, 2015 02:05 PM UTC

I downloaded the ASP.NET MVC Package, but I cannot find the ExportAsActionResult function, where I can find the PdfExtension class, in the nuget package we do not have any samples folder.

Best,
Anis

AS Abirami Selvan Syncfusion Team March 9, 2015 11:08 AM UTC

Hi Anis ,

Thank you for using Syncfusion product .

We have attached the sample to access the ExportAsActionResult method using PdfExtension class in below link :

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/Exportasactionresult-503840049.zip

Please try this and let us know if you need any further assistance .

Thanks,

Abirami.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon