We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid Support with MVC 5

Can we use the grid with MVC 5 visual studio 2012. Is it possible to get the sample app for that?

Thanks,
Rajiv

5 Replies

AS Alan Sangeeth S Syncfusion Team April 3, 2014 05:03 AM UTC

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

We are glad to let you know that we can use Grid with MVC 5 Visual Studio 2012.

For your convenience we have created a sample and the same can be downloaded from below link.

Sample:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/119602/ForumSample21484774674.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

RK Rajiv Kumar April 3, 2014 07:05 PM UTC

Hi Sangeeth,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I tried to run the sample app attached but then I realized that we are using the older version 10.2.0.75. I tried to copy all the section that you have added in your sample app but still I am getting the following error:

Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<dynamic>' does not contain a definition for 'Syncfusion' and no extension method 'Syncfusion' accepting a first argument of type 'System. Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper.

Can you please send me a list with all the configuration that I need to do before I can use grid in visual studio 2012 with MVC5.

Thanks,

Rajiv

RK Rajiv Kumar April 7, 2014 04:46 AM UTC

Hi ,
   I was able to make progress and now I am able to run the app as shown in the attachment but we are not able to see the grid on the page.
Any idea what I could be missing?

Thanks,
Rajiv

RK Rajiv Kumar April 7, 2014 04:50 AM UTC

Forgot the attachment...

Attachment: Grid_NotVisible_79a306a7.zip

AS Alan Sangeeth S Syncfusion Team April 7, 2014 11:56 AM UTC

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for the update.

We are unable to reproduce the issue “Grid invisibility”. We have prepared a simple sample (Essential Studio 10.2.0.75, MVC5) and the same can be downloaded from below link.

Sample:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/123183/ForumSample2-998402779.zip

Could you please send us more information about the issue whether the console window of firebug has any errors or send us a sample with issue so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a better solution quickly? The information provided would be great help for us to resolve your issue.

Also could you please confirm whether you have added script manager at the end of Layout.csthml page? Please refer the following code snippets.

[Layout.cshtml]

<body>

@{Html.Syncfusion().ScriptManager().Combine(true).Minify(true).Render();}

</html>

However the “How to avoid Grid invisiblity” documentation resolves the common invisibility issues. So we suggest you to follow the steps in it and the link as follows:

Documentation link:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/asp.net%20mvc/grid/documents/howtoavoidgridinvisi.htm 

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Alan Sangeeth S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon