We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Dragging the datapoints up and down

Hi team,

I have a line chart drawn using syncfusion chart control. And also i have highlighted the Datapoints with some template. Now i want to move(drag up and down) the datapoint. But could not achieve it. i have gone through almost all samples, but No one helped me. Kindly do help me how i can achieve dragging of Point in line chart up and down, so that the datasource should update according to the movement of point to new point/location on canvas or some other panel.
Please let me know the best approach. Please the attatched output img for my requirement

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply

KV Karthikeyan V Syncfusion Team April 3, 2014 02:53 AM UTC

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for using the Syncfusion products.

We have analysed the reported requirement. You can able to achieve the editing data plot in SfChart by help of dragging support. We have a dashboard sample for this. Please find the dash board sample location in your system.

Code snippet [XAML]:

<chart:LineSeries Label="Sports" ItemsSource="{Binding CategoricalDatas}"

XBindingPath="Category" YBindingPath="Value" UpdateSource=”True’

EnableSegmentDragging="True"/>

This feature allows us to drag the data points along y-axis. The following series types support this feature: (Line, Column, Bar, Spline, RangeColumn)

The following events are used to interact with dragging:

Event Name

Description

DragStart

Occurs when series or segment receives logical focus and is selected by the mouse.

DragDelta

Occurs one or more times as the input device changes position when a series or segment has logical focus and is selected by the mouse.

DragEnd

Occurs when series or segment is no longer selected by the mouse.

SegmentEnter

Occurs when the input device enters the segment.

Link:

\\ Installation path\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\$Version$\WPF\SfChart.WPF\Samples\Features\Visual Data Editing Demo

Documentation link:

http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/winrt/default.htm#!Documents/visualdataediting.htm

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan V.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon