We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

New Syncfusion Licence 11.4.0.26

Hi,
my company recently has buy a new syncfusion licence. Till this moment I used the Essential Studio (Windows Forms) 7.1.0.30 in a Visual Studio 2005 Framework 2.0 project.

Some moths ago I had to migrate from Visual Studio 2005 to Visual Studio 2010 but the Framework continue, 2.0.

Now I want to attach the new syncfusion licence that we have buy, Essential Studio 11.4.0.26, but I could not use Toolbar installer with Framework 2.0 in VS2010, only 4.0. If I do this I get an error in graphic view:

no se puede convertir el tipo 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.XPMenusProvider' al tipo 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.IContextMenuProvider'

Any help will be appreciate.

Thanks!

3 Replies

VI Vinothini Syncfusion Team March 26, 2014 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Blanca,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products,

The reported issue will occur only when the application refers to the older version of assemblies even after upgrading to a higher version.
Please try the below given steps and let me know if this helps you
1) Open 11.4.0.26 Dashboard.
2) Run the AssemblyManger with 'RemoveAllversion' option.  If you find any Syncfusion assemblies in GAC, Please remove all the Syncfusion assemblies manually.
4) Install the {required version} assemblies. For example, if your Target Framework is 2.0, then please remove 4.0 and 3.5 Syncfusion assemblies from GAC and Assemblies folder and vice versa.
6) Please check only required framework assemblies are in GAC (c:\windows\assembly) and also in Assemblies folder (C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.4.0.26 \Assemblies\2.0)
7) Open the 11.4.0.26  dashboard.
8) Run the Multi Target Framework targeting to 2.0.
9) Click OK once operation completed successfully.
 Please remove the older version dlls from your application which is found in ‘ReportLib’ project folder. This should cause the error on handling the form in designer mode. Also please ensure the older assembly does not get reflected anywhere in the project. 
Please use the below steps for upgraded projects.
1) Remove Bin and Obj folder from Project path
2) Open the Visual studio IDE and open a project
3) Rebuild your project.
4) Please check once again the project refers the Syncfusion assemblies of version 11.4.0.26
Revert me if you need any clarifications.

Regards,
Vinothini R.

BC Blanca Calderon replied to Vinothini March 31, 2014 01:37 PM UTC

Hi Blanca,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products,

The reported issue will occur only when the application refers to the older version of assemblies even after upgrading to a higher version.
Please try the below given steps and let me know if this helps you
1) Open 11.4.0.26 Dashboard.
2) Run the AssemblyManger with 'RemoveAllversion' option.  If you find any Syncfusion assemblies in GAC, Please remove all the Syncfusion assemblies manually.
4) Install the {required version} assemblies. For example, if your Target Framework is 2.0, then please remove 4.0 and 3.5 Syncfusion assemblies from GAC and Assemblies folder and vice versa.
6) Please check only required framework assemblies are in GAC (c:\windows\assembly) and also in Assemblies folder (C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.4.0.26 \Assemblies\2.0)
7) Open the 11.4.0.26  dashboard.
8) Run the Multi Target Framework targeting to 2.0.
9) Click OK once operation completed successfully.
 Please remove the older version dlls from your application which is found in ‘ReportLib’ project folder. This should cause the error on handling the form in designer mode. Also please ensure the older assembly does not get reflected anywhere in the project. 
Please use the below steps for upgraded projects.
1) Remove Bin and Obj folder from Project path
2) Open the Visual studio IDE and open a project
3) Rebuild your project.
4) Please check once again the project refers the Syncfusion assemblies of version 11.4.0.26
Revert me if you need any clarifications.

Regards,
Vinothini R.

Thank you, it works perfect now!

VI Vinothini Syncfusion Team April 2, 2014 10:04 AM UTC

Hi Blanca,

Thank you for your update,

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Vinothini. R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon