We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Questions about programmatic access

I'm evaluating this control to use in a web application that manipulates appointment information programmatically (for example, creating emails that include the information about the appointment). I think the Schedule control can do what I want, but the documentation seems pretty end-user, front-end oriented, so I'd like to confirm a couple of things by asking a few process questions.

1)  Is it possible to view the tables of the Northwind.SDF file? I have SQL Server installed, but can't figure out how to look inside of the db. My goal is to confirm that I can access the data I need by table. Alternatively, can I run a migration and switch to a local "full" SQL Server 

2) How would I do this: When a user creates an appointment, generate an event that can be subscribed to by some C# code on the server that retrieves the appointment information from the db and does further processing on it.

3) What are the scenarios envisioned by the EF Bind documentation? 

Many thanks,
Alex Edelstein

1 Reply

VS Velmurugan S Syncfusion Team March 19, 2014 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Alex,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Please find the below responses for your queries:

Query #1: Is it possible to view the tables of the Northwind.SDF file? I have SQL Server installed, but can't figure out how to look inside of the db. My goal is to confirm that I can access the data I need by table. Alternatively, can I run a migration and switch to a local "full" SQL Server 

We can able to view the tables of the Northwind.sdf file through the server explorer and we can able to entire table properties and corresponding table values with that.

Query #2: How would I do this: When a user creates an appointment, generate an event that can be subscribed to by some C# code on the server that retrieves the appointment information from the db and does further processing on it.

We can able to retrieve the appointment information from the db within the server event which is called  when creating the appointment. Please find the below code snippet for calling the server event when creating appointment.

<code>

Default.aspx page:

<syncfusion:Schedule ID="Schedule1" runat="server" Height="400px" Width="550px" OnScheduleClicked="Schedule1_ScheduleClicked1" >

Default.aspx.cs page:

namespace WebApplication14

{

public partial class _Default : Page

{

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

}

protected void Schedule1_ScheduleClicked1(object sender, ScheduleClickEventArgs e)

{

// your code to retrieve the database information

}

}

}

</code>

Query #3: What are the scenarios envisioned by the EF Bind documentation? 

We like to inform you that, we can add the entity data model in the application to bind the schedule fields to storing the appointment details and display it in the schedule control. Please find the below schedule control “Bind properties and their corresponding data source adding” code snippet while using the entity framework.

<code>

<syncfusion:Schedule ID="Schedule1" runat="server" Height="400px" Width="550px" AppointmentDataSourceID="EntityDataSource2" ResourceDataSourceID="EntityDataSource3">

<AppointmentBindProperties UniqueIDField="Id" StartTimeField="StartTime" EndTimeField="EndTime" SubjectField="Subject" OwnerField="Owner"/>

<ResourceBindProperties IdField="Id" NameField="Name" />

</syncfusion:Schedule>

<asp:EntityDataSource ID="EntityDataSource3" runat="server" ConnectionString="name=sampleEntities1" DefaultContainerName="sampleEntities1" EnableDelete="True" EnableFlattening="False" EnableInsert="True" EnableUpdate="True" EntitySetName="Resources">

</asp:EntityDataSource>

<asp:EntityDataSource ID="EntityDataSource2" runat="server" ConnectionString="name=sampleEntities1" DefaultContainerName="sampleEntities1" EnableDelete="True" EnableFlattening="False" EnableInsert="True" EnableUpdate="True" EntitySetName="Appointments">

</asp:EntityDataSource>

</code>

And also for your reference we have prepared the simple sample with above mentioned scenario, which can be downloaded from the below location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/WebApplication151213312995.zip

Please let us know if it helps, and any further assistance on this.

Regards,

Velmurugan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon