We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Formula Saving

Hello, I''m having some problems trying to save some formula data into the database. Example. If i entered in cell 3+2 which is 5 need to be stored in Database, when I retrieve i should get 5 and click on that (Formula Cell) particular cell, i should able to see the formula back. Please tell me how this can be done. Thanks Satish

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2004 06:50 AM UTC

You cannot have it both ways unless you store two things in your database. If your database only stores the value 5, how will anyone getting data from the database (including the grid) know that the 5 came from 3 + 2, and did not come from something else like 18 - 13. So, you will have to come up with some way to store the information you require. Now, you could put both pieces of information into one string, and store that. Or, you could have two fields in your database, one for the value and one for the formula. You will have to decide. Normally, you use formula cells only in a non-virtual GridControl because using them efficiently in a virtual grid (like GridDataBoundGrid) requires additional work, maintaining some data store of formulatags. So, when you move the data from your DataBase to the GridControl, you would want to load only the formula and not the value, becuase it is the formula that the grid requires.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon