We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Export Range

I am using GridPDFConverter to Convert my data into PDF.
It works fine for 100,000 Records but when my records Exceeds to 210,000 than GridPDFConverter is unable to Convert them into PDF.

Kindly tell me the Limitation of GridPDFConverter .

5 Replies

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team March 16, 2014 10:07 PM UTC

Hi Mohsin Nasir,

Thank you for your interested in Syncfusion products.

In our grid controls we don’t have any limitation in exporting to pdf from grid. And it takes some times to export based on the data quantity. And Please use the ExportToPdfWithMerge method instead of ExportToPdf. This will export to pdf with some more changes. Please use the below codes in your sample.

pdfConvertor.ExportToPdfWithMerge("Sample.pdf", this.gridControl1);

I hope this will resolve the reported issue in your end. Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Vinish K.

RK Revathi K Syncfusion Team March 18, 2014 04:19 AM UTC

Sent: Monday, March 17, 2014 8:24 AM
To: Syncfusion Support
Subject: Re: Syncfusion support community forum 115947, Export Range, has been updated.

I run you PDF Export demo and set the rows 200,000 manually and columns 10.

when i press the both  export to pdf button than its gives me exception So tell me that its you limitation or you provided example Exception.   

In my application i have more than 200,000 rows and when i export it gave me exception.

Attached is the screen shot of your demo

Attachment: syncfusion_b56e9317.zip

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team April 1, 2014 11:08 AM UTC

Hi mohsin,

Thanks for the update.

Sorry for the delay. The reported message is an internal exception thrown in that sample, we hope you might have experienced the following exception (MessageBox.Show("Invalid Export Range!");). The reported scenario to export more than 2,00,000 records is possible in GridControl by using the following method.

Code Snippet:

pdfConvertor.ExportToPdfWithMerge("Sample1.pdf", this.gridControl1);

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Arun.

MO mohsin April 1, 2014 11:18 AM UTC

HI!
i dont have the Invalid Export Range!  Exception.your example of ExportToPdfWithMerge Not responding in my Suite.
If i have less record than that example works fine otherwise it crashes . . . . . . 

Regards
Mohsin Nasir

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team April 9, 2014 02:56 AM UTC

Hi Mohsin Nasir,

Thanks for the update.

Query:

Export to Pdf issue.

We have tried all the possible scenario’s. But we could not able to reproduce the reported issue. We hope you have tried normal PDF export method.

Please try the following Merge export available. Also the exporting factor may have produced exception in system with low configuration. Could you please let us know your system configuration along with your ES version you are currently using. We will try the reported behavior in that system and let you know the details as soon as possible.

Likewise  we would like explain the ExportToPdfWithMerge functionality. It will export the grid into various parts and ensure its combination into a single document at the final. So it can export more number rows than normal export.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Arun.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon