We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Unable to use tab key on keyboard

I’m experiencing two Tab related issues. The first is Tab Index and Tab stop are legitimist properties of “navigation:SfTabItem”, however ineffective. Currently the code is set up as follows;

. <navigation:SfTabControl x:Name="tabControl"

<navigation:SfTabItem x:Name="firstone"

IsTabStop="True"   TabIndex="1"

<navigation:SfTabItem.Header>

<TextBlock Grid.Column="0" Text=”1” />

</navigation:SfTabItem.Header>

<controls:MyControl  

DataContext="{Binding control1}" />

</navigation:SfTabItem>

//

<navigation:SfTabItem x:Name="secondone"

IsTabStop="True"   TabIndex="2"

<TextBlock Grid.Column="0" Text=”2” />

<controls:MyControl  

DataContext="{Binding control2}" />

</navigation:SfTabItem>

.  One solution I found was to bind an item within the tab control to the desired tab stop. This solution is great for simple text boxes, dropdowns, and buttons. However, in our case we are only using text Blocks which do not have a property for tab stop or tab index. A solution I have come up with is, adding a button to each tab item. This at first glance seems to work fine as the user can now clearly tab over the construction types. However now the button is blocking the tabItem from firing the control that displays the data for said construction type. ( 

</Button>

<controls:ConstructionType HorizontalAlignment="Stretch"

VerticalAlignment="Stretch"

DataContext="{Binding ReinforcedConcreteType}" />)

I cannot set the button outside of the navigation, it causes xmal error: Object not set to instance of an object. Regardless the button click will still blocks the firing of the desired control.

Simply put I cannot tab through the tabitems.

The second issue is tabbing inside of a custom control. As shown above, selecting a tab item fires a change in the custom control displayed on the screen. This control has three items. I am also unable to tab through these items (text boxes). I select textbox 1 press tab on my keyboard and nothing happens.   

1 Reply

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team March 6, 2014 09:11 AM UTC

Hi Aaron,

Query#1: I cannot tab through the tabitems.

We would like to inform that currently we do not provide any architecture API for SfTabcontrol to tab through its items. But we can Tab through its item’s contents.

Query #2: The second issue is tabbing inside of a custom control. As shown above, selecting a tab item fires a change in the custom control displayed on the screen. This control has three items. I am also unable to tab through these items (text boxes). I select textbox 1 press tab on my keyboard and nothing happens

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue ‘Unable to Tab through content’. We have prepared a sample in which we tried to reproduce the reported problem and also attached a video demonstrating same.

Please find the sample  and video in below links,

Sample link: Tabcontrol_115944.zip

Video Link:  Tab.zip

If the issue still persists, please modify the sample to reproduce the issue. So that it will be helpful for us to assist you further.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Vignesh V

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon