We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Custom control that inherits from ButtonEdit not working in new version

I have a custom Date Control I created by Inhereting the ButtonEdit Control and using it with a popupControlContainer and the MonthCalendar controls. Everything was working well until I did the last update (2.0.2.1). I started getting wierd build errors, so decided to delete all my obj and bin directories from all my projects and do a clean build. Well this caused my Solution to no longer see the Date Control as a Control and I am not able to compile any of my projects that use this control. I''m kind of lost as to how to get this working again. Any help would be appreciated. Javier

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 10, 2004 09:46 PM UTC

Hi Javier, I have consulted the development team regarding this issue, and will update you as soon as I hear from them. Meanwhile, please do the following checks : 1. Check the GAC to ensure that only v2.0.2.1 dlls are present. 2. Delete any Syncfusion policy files that may be present. 3. Remove all the Syncfusion dll references in the Property grid in the designer, and re-add them. 4. Now rebuild your application and let us know how it goes. I have also attached a sample_application here which is very similar to your application. Try this and let me know if you can recreate the problem. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2004 02:38 PM UTC

I will try what you suggested and let you know how it goes. I did try the attached example, and thats not really what i''m doing. There is no issues with having objects on a form, the issue is trying to create a custom control that inherits from the syncfusion control and then using that on the form. I can recreate the "control" on the form with no problem, its having my projects and forms recognize the custom control as a control.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2004 06:23 PM UTC

Hi Javier, Thanks for the update. Please try the above steps and let me know how it goes. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 12, 2004 04:41 PM UTC

I ended up uninstalling syncfusion....removing any remaining entries in the GAC and then reinstalling it. This now lets me use my code as it was, which is great since I can now continue on coding. I still have the issue of VS not seeing my control as a control, so the only way to add a new one is to copy it from a winform that has it and pasting it into where I want it. Anoying, but atleast I can continue on working. Is there something I am missing??? How can I get visual studios to recognize my control. Ohhh also, on a related note, I do still get an error when viewing a form in design mode. This error only occurs on those forms with my custom control (or maybe with syncfusion controls, cause usually I have both). The error does not occur on forms with MS Controls, or my custom controls that do not use syncfusion. I just click ok and everything seems to work fine after that, but again, its annoying... The error message is.... The configuration setting does not exist. Please check the configuration file. - Could not find file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\SOLUTIONNAME.exe.config (I replace the name) Now, I don''t see why my projects would ever have a configuration file in that directory. I shouldn''t be saving anything there. Anyways, any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Javier

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 12, 2004 08:27 PM UTC

Hi Javier, Thanks for the update. I have consulted the folks at the development team for their inputs on this issue, and will update you as soon as I hear from them. Meanwhile, please feel free to send us any relevant information. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon