We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using a hierarchical data bound grid

Hi. I have a heirarchical data bound grid that I am looking to filter. I can quite easily create a view for the parent table and use that as my data source for the grid. However, how do I filter the child records? From what I can see there is no way to give a view for the child table. Brenda

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 10, 2004 06:32 PM UTC

You should consider using the 2.0 GridGroupingControl to allow filtering on nested child tables. Filtering child tables is not really supported in the GridDataBoundGrid. You may be able to catch the RowExpanding event, get the GridBoundRecordState, and the childtable from the recordstate, and dynamically try to filter that childtable at that point. But I do not know what problems you might encounter.

BM Brenda Maloff March 10, 2004 07:08 PM UTC

Thanks anyways. I tried using the ChildList on the GridBoundRecordState but it is read only, so I can''t set it. I can''t upgrade to the new version right now as I have an imminent release of my own software hanging over my head. I''ll just have to do without this feature for now until our next release when I will have time to upgrade to the new grid. Thanks again. Brenda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon