We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Reexpanding auto-collapsed groups in GridGroupingControl

Hello Syncfusion Support,

I just discovered your product and trying to check whether it supports my needs or not. I was playing around a little bit with WinForms GridGroupingControl and found an issue I would need your help/advice.

If I have some groups expanded, but I update a row with a new value in a cell of a column that is already grouped (changing the source's DataRow object from code, not in UI), it seems that the whole grid collapses. I could understand if the groups that are affected are collapsed (as the item would move from one group to another, maybe even a new group has to be created), but the strange thing is that every group is collapsed on every level.

I created a workaround to persist the expanded states before the row update and reexpand the appropriate groups after it, but it causes some flickering, and of course it is more disturbing if I have more data or frequent updates. Could you please have a look at this issue and tell me if there is any better solution to that?

Thanks,

Thomas

1 Reply

KC Karuppasamy C Syncfusion Team January 30, 2014 04:11 AM UTC

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

We are unable to reproduce the issue at our end.

If possible,  kindly share the sample that would reproduce the issue , so that we can resolve your reported issue at earliest.

Regards,

Karuppasamy C.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon