We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DataGrid <-> FastDataGrid

Hello,

As the DataGrid and FastDataGrid have a lot of similarities, when do i use which Grid? Is there any feature comparison available?

Thanks,
Wolfgang

4 Replies

PM Paul Marques January 28, 2014 04:46 PM UTC

I am also interested in the answer to this question as I am currently working on a proof of concept that will require real-time updates, grouping (multiple levels), sorting and aggregate columns in a multi-threaded WPF app.

Why would you choose one over the other and why?

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team February 7, 2014 11:44 AM UTC

Hi Martin,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Please find the  differences between the GridDataControl and SfDataGrid given below,

GridDataControl :

GridDataControl has been designed based on the Cell oriented architecture of our Winform Grid which enables more control over cells and also provides support for Excel like features.

SfDataGrid :

SfDataGrid has been designed on WPF template architecture which enables the style, template to the Grid very easily. The SfDataGrid performance will be better when compared to  GridDataControl.

The features for  GridDataControl and SfDataGrid in shown following file,

Link: SfGrid_Features_Comparision.zip

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Jai Ganesh S

CG Carey G. Butler March 8, 2015 02:57 PM UTC

The file appears to be corrupt. After unzipping, it doesn't load into Excel.

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team March 10, 2015 12:16 PM UTC

Hi Butler,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have prepared the updated feature comparisons for SfDataGrid and GridDataControl and it can be downloaded from the following location:

Document Link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/SfDG_GDC_12_4_comp2116581963.zip

UG Link: http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/wpf/default.htm#!documents/choosebetweendiffere.htm

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Thank you,

Jai Ganesh S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon