We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

unable to open the existing xls io

I would like to modify some sheets in existing file , but I found so difficulty to open that file . 
from this code 
    IWorkbook workbook = application.Workbooks.Open(dataPath, ExcelOpenType.Automatic);
it rise an error 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

Line 520:
Line 521:            //IWorkbook workbook = application.Workbooks.Create(1);
Line 522:            IWorkbook workbook = application.Workbooks.Open(dataPath, ExcelOpenType.Automatic);
Line 523:          

may be because the file is to big. any suggestion for my problem? i'm also attached the file.

best regards.

openFile_12abb1d0.zip

3 Replies

MK Manoj Kumar G M Syncfusion Team January 30, 2014 03:49 AM UTC

Hi Benjamin,

We are unable to reproduce the issue at our end, please share the following details which would help us to proceed further.

1. Syncfusion Product version.
2. .NET FrameWork Version.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance

Regards,
Manojkumar.

BC Benjamin Cage February 3, 2014 07:23 AM UTC

I'm using syncfusion product version 10.104.0.44 and .net fremework 4

MK Manoj Kumar G M Syncfusion Team February 4, 2014 04:44 AM UTC

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for your update.

The above reported issue has been fixed in our latest version 11.4.0.26. So we recommend you to upgrade your essential studio version to our latest version.

We provided the latest version download link for your reference.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/103480/Essential-Studio-2012-Volume-2-Final-Release-v102056-available-for-download

Please let us know if you need any clarification

Regards,
Manojkumar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon