We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

COMException from SfPdfViewerControl in designer

When I place the SfPdfViewerControl in the XAML for a Page or UserControl, the designer view (whether in Blend or Visual Studio 2013) reports a COMException, and the designer is unusable.
What can be done so that this exception does not occur, and so I can still design the UI with the PDF control?

COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
Stack Trace:
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.IVector`1.InsertAt(UInt32 index, T value)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.VectorToListAdapter.InsertAtHelper[T](IVector`1 _this, UInt32 index, T item)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.VectorToListAdapter.Insert[T](Int32 index, T item)

3 Replies

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team January 20, 2014 05:03 AM UTC

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We are able to reproduce the issue “Designer shows exception details when PDF Viewer WinRT is included”. Please create a Direct-Trac incident to get this issue fixed.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Suresh

OH OHRESSER May 19, 2014 05:58 AM UTC

Hi, 

Is it resolved? I've the same issue on WinRT component

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team May 19, 2014 08:56 AM UTC

Hi Ohresser,

We are glad to announce that our WinRT Service pack for Vol 1, 2014 (ie 12.1.0.46) is rolled out and is available for download under the following link. The fix for the issue “COM exception is displayed in the designer” is available in this release.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/winrt-service-packs

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,
Suresh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon