We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

AutoComplete

An Autocomplete is associated with a TextBox control. When typing character, a list displays and contains items matching the typed in at the position along the TextBox. If I don''t want to display the list at the position, can I control where to display it and how to do it? Thanks Keith

10 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 10, 2004 11:03 AM UTC

Hi Keith, You could enable or disable the AutoComplete control associated with a TextBox at any point in the application using the code shown below : // Enable AutoComplete this.autoComplete1.SetAutoComplete(this.textBox1, AutoCompleteModes.Both); // Disable AutoComplete this.autoComplete1.SetAutoComplete(this.textBox1, AutoCompleteModes.Disabled); Please refer to the sample attached which shows how this can be done, and let me know if this meets your requirements. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

KE keith March 10, 2004 06:27 PM UTC

My question was to re-position autocomplete list. Your autocomplete list is displayed at bottom-left of associated textbox. In our app, we want to enter multiple items in a textbox. These items are from the assocated autocomplete. When typeing the first item, autocomple should display matched items at the position. Then type in a semicolon that tells to end the first item and start the second item. Then type the second item and the autocomplete should display matched items for the second item at the bottom of the textbox and right under the second item. What I need is to detect current cursor position and display autocomplete list to the position instead of bottom-left corner of the textbox. Can you tell how to display autocomplete list at different position at run time? Thanks Keith >Hi Keith, > >You could enable or disable the AutoComplete control associated with a TextBox at any point in the application using the code shown below : > >// Enable AutoComplete >this.autoComplete1.SetAutoComplete(this.textBox1, AutoCompleteModes.Both); > >// Disable AutoComplete >this.autoComplete1.SetAutoComplete(this.textBox1, AutoCompleteModes.Disabled); > >Please refer to the sample attached which shows how this can be done, and let me know if this meets your requirements. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 10, 2004 08:43 PM UTC

Hi Keith, Thanks for additional information. I now understand your requirements better. I have contacted the folks at the development team in this regard, and will update you on this as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

KE keith March 17, 2004 03:56 PM UTC

Guru, Any progress on it? What is the latest version of Syncfusion Suite? We are subscriber of it. Right now We have version 1.6. How to get a new version if there is? Thanks Keith >Hi Keith, > >Thanks for additional information. I now understand your requirements better. I have contacted the folks at the development team in this regard, and will update you on this as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2004 07:52 PM UTC

Hi Keith, I have once again, contacted the development team in this regard, and will update you on this shortly. The latest release of Essential Suite v2.0.3.0 (v2.0 RC1) was released last night. Please open an incident in DirectTrac in this regard, and I will update you with the download instructions for the same. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 22, 2004 08:24 PM UTC

Hi Keith, The current version of the AutoComplete control does not allow for custom positioning the AutoSuggest dropdown. We have now added an AutoCompleteCustomize event that can be handled to position the drop down. This feature will be available in our post v2.0.3.0 releases. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

KE keith March 23, 2004 03:28 PM UTC

Guru, That is encouraging news. When can I expect the version? Thanks Keith >Hi Keith, > >The current version of the AutoComplete control does not allow for custom positioning the AutoSuggest dropdown. We have now added an AutoCompleteCustomize event that can be handled to position the drop down. This feature will be available in our post v2.0.3.0 releases. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 23, 2004 08:43 PM UTC

Hi Keith, The next release of Essential Suite is scheduled in about 2 weeks from now, and the AutoCompleteCustomize event would be available in this. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

DM Daniel McCune July 26, 2004 01:03 AM UTC

Keith, or any one else, I have requirements to do the same thing - multiple values separated by semicolon. Do you have any sample code for this technique? Thanks, >Hi Keith, > >The next release of Essential Suite is scheduled in about 2 weeks from now, and the AutoCompleteCustomize event would be available in this. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 26, 2004 08:13 PM UTC

Hi Daniel, Thanks for creating a DirectTrac incident 12599 in this regard. I will update you there shortly. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon