We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Can't add data when Grid binding to remote odata service with empty data,

I am evaluating JavaScript grid control. I have 3 questions.
1, I binding grid to a remote odata service (via WebApi 2 ODataController), it return empty data. But I click grid toolbar addbutton, no inline or dialog show.
2, when click delete button, also nothing happen.
3, I tried binding grid to a webapi 2 service, but report "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined "

4 Replies

KE Kevin January 9, 2014 03:23 PM UTC

I set offline:true, webapi is ok.
But webapi can't add data when remote data is empty as well.

KE Kevin January 10, 2014 03:29 AM UTC

when set offline is true using webapi, I lost autosysnc with server.

YO Yogeshwaran Syncfusion Team January 13, 2014 12:37 PM UTC

Hi kevin,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

I binding grid to a remote odata service (via WebApi 2 ODataController), it return empty data. But I click grid toolbar addbutton, no inline or dialog show.

Yes we can able to reproduce this issue. We have considered this as issue. The fix for this issue will available on our upcoming service pack release.

when click delete button, also nothing happen.

Change Guid to nullable Guid. This will avoid this issue.

I tried binding grid to a webapi 2 service, but report "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined "

We are working on this query with high priority . we will update response for this query on January 15, 2014

Please let us know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,                                                                                                                           

Yogesh R

YO Yogeshwaran Syncfusion Team January 15, 2014 11:02 AM UTC

Hi kevin.

I have created sample for ejGrid with webApi 2 service and I am unable to reproduce the "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined" reported issue. Could you please provide more information about the issue. Please find the sample attached sample.

Sample:

WebAPi2Service.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Yogesh R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon