We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid problem with unbound column with link

Hi

I have little problem, used search but no solution found

I found this "<a class=\"TemplateCell\" rel='nofollow' href=\"Home/DeleteRecord?id={OrderID}\">Delete")" to enter under format, but its a no go (even tryed to modify it) i found this here http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/grid-mvc/101958

This is my code, i get all the data as i want, but cant get Id of Customer to edit it when i click on Edit button

It's probably something simple that i missed....

@ModelType IEnumerable(Of WebRacun.Kupac)

@Code
    ViewData("Title") = "Index"
    Layout = "~/Views/Shared/_Layout.vbhtml"
End Code

<h2>Popis kupaca</h2>
<p>
    </p>

@Code
    Dim gridBuilder = Html.Syncfusion().Grid(Of WebRacun.Kupac)("PopisKupaca").Datasource(Model).ActionMode(ActionMode.Server).SelectionMode(SelectionMode.Single)

gridBuilder.Column(Function(cols) cols.Add("Opcije").HeaderText("Opcije").Width(60).Format("<a rel='nofollow' href=\customers\edit\ Need to insert customer ID here ">Edit</a>""))

gridBuilder.Column(Function(cols) cols.Add(Of Integer)(Function(c As WebRacun.Kupac) c.Id).HeaderText("Id").Width(30))
    gridBuilder.Column(Function(cols) cols.Add(Of String)(Function(c As WebRacun.Kupac) c.Naziv).HeaderText("Naziv").Width(150))
    gridBuilder.Column(Function(cols) cols.Add(Of String)(Function(c As WebRacun.Kupac) c.UlicaKbr).HeaderText("Adresa").Width(150))
    gridBuilder.Column(Function(cols) cols.Add(Of String)(Function(c As WebRacun.Kupac) c.PostanskiBrojGrad).HeaderText("Grad").Width(150))

gridBuilder.EnablePaging()

gridBuilder.EnableGrouping()

gridBuilder.EnableSorting()

gridBuilder.Render()
End Code

2 Replies

HJ Hariharan J V Syncfusion Team January 9, 2014 01:02 PM UTC

Hi Andrej Skvorc,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We are sorry about the inconvenience caused.

Currently we are working on this and we will update you on Jan 13, 2014. We thank you for your patience in advance.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Hariharan J.V.

HJ Hariharan J V Syncfusion Team January 13, 2014 09:27 AM UTC

Hi Andrej Skvorc,

Thanks for your patience.

We have created a simple sample to achieve your requirement("Need to get Id of Customer to edit/Delete it when i click on Edit/Delete button") and When click the Delete button it will pass the id(Universitycode) to the controller action and then it displayed in the partial view. Please refer the below code snippets.

[GridController.vb]
 Public Function Delete(ByVal id As Long) As ActionResult
            If ModelState.IsValid Then
                Models.OrderRepository.Delete(id)
            End If
            ViewData("DataID") = id
            Return View()
        End Function

[GridFeatures.vbhtml]
@code   
    Dim gridbuilder = Html.Syncfusion.Grid(Of Student)("GenericListGrid").Datasource(Model)
    gridbuilder.Datasource(Model)
    'add grid columns using gridbuilder 
    gridbuilder.Column(Function(cols) cols.Add(Of Long)(Function(c As Student) c.UniversityCode).HeaderText("University Code").Width(130).AllowEditing(true))
    gridbuilder.Column(Function(cols) cols.Add(Of System.Nullable(Of Date))(Function(c As Student) c.BirthDate).HeaderText("BirthDate").Width(130))
    gridbuilder.Column(Function(cols) cols.Add(Of String)(Function(c As Student) c.FirstName).HeaderText("FirstName").Width(130))
    gridbuilder.Column(Function(cols) cols.Add(Of String)(Function(c As Student) c.LastName).HeaderText("LastName").Width(120))
    gridbuilder.Column(Function(cols) cols.Add("Delete").HeaderText("Delete Record").Format("<a class=""TemplateCell"" rel='nofollow' href=""/Grid/Delete?id={UniversityCode}"">Delete</a>"))

Endcode

And the same sample can be downloaded from the below link.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/MvcApplication12-881913856.zip 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Hariharan J.V.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon