We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Metro Skin?

I'm in the process of upgrading our app from 10.4 to the 11.4 version of syncfusion.  During that migration we noticed that all our tabs and grids have there foreground now set to black vs the white for the Metro Sytle.  Everything else seems to work.  I'm not sure why it would have lost the white coloring and in looking at sample code from you I don't see any real differences.  

From an application perspective we do have the following to add to the app resource dictionaries:

ResourceDictionary syncFusion = Application.LoadComponent(new Uri(@"/Syncfusion.Shared.WPF;Component/SkinManager/MetroStyle.xaml", UriKind.Relative)) as ResourceDictionary;

This is due to way we need to run our app.  This was all working before so not sure what has changed or what we need to include / exclude to get this to work.

So again, my grids are now blue background header with black font vs the white.  Same for tabs.

Any thoughts / help on this one?

4 Replies

JR Jegan Raj M Syncfusion Team January 2, 2014 10:45 AM UTC

Hi Joshua,

We have analyzed your query. If visual style is set as metro for GridDataControl, foreground will be white in both the versions 10.4.0.53 and 11.4.0.26. But if visual style is set as metro for window (using syncfusion:SkinStorage.VisualStyle="Metro"), metro style will not be applied for GridDataControl in 10.4.0.53. We have fixed this issue in 11.4.0.26. So while applying metro style to window, it is also applied to GridDataControl. So foreground color is white for GridDataControl in 11.4.0.26. You can overcome this by setting default visual style to GridDataControl.

You can refer the attached sample for this.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Jegan Raj M

GridDataControlSample_e483a98a.zip

JC Joshua Cauble January 6, 2014 05:56 PM UTC

Hi yeah we have that setting set and we are not seeing what you are seeing.  I have the grids visualstyle set to Metro, the Skinstorage set to metro.  This was working fine in version 10.  I'm using the version 11 that was just released in december.  once I upgraded the grids format changed.  What is wierd though is that in the designer the grid looks correct.  It's when I run the app it doesn't look right.

The guess I'm having is that one of the resource files we have is maybe using the same name for a style??? If I knew the name of hte style brush it uses I might be able to hunt my files to see if that is the case.

tradeblotter_d7879b95.zip

JC Joshua Cauble January 9, 2014 11:37 PM UTC

Ok, I have narrowed some things down so maybe you can help out.  In my app our base window inherits from Window.  So each window is from this inherited control.  In the constructor of the base class we call the SkinStorage.SetVisualStyle(this, "Metro") command.  This kinda works.  What happens is that on first start of the particular screen of hte app it does not seem to apply.  Once I start a second instance of the same screen (kinda like MDI app) then it applys the Metro template to the base framework controls.  However we get funky behaviour in that the checkboxes in the grid for example have a windows look to them when adding records but then when you hover over them they get the proper look and feel.  My headers on my grid look correct with the white on blue too.

Now when I add to my startup of my app the command (adding to the App Resource Dictionaries):

ResourceDictionary syncFusion = Application.LoadComponent(new Uri(@"/Syncfusion.Shared.WPF;Component/SkinManager/MetroStyle.xaml", UriKind.Relative)) as ResourceDictionary;

my controls clean up but then the grid looses the header format and the font goes black vs white.  If I do both the resource dictionary and the skin storage it results in it not looking right as well.

As soon as I remove the resource dictionary from the list it works but then other stuff doesn't get applied correctly.

Any suggestions on how to address it?  

BA Berkunath A Syncfusion Team January 28, 2014 08:52 AM UTC

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for your update.

We have updated our response in the incident 117889 as the query is same. We request you follow the incident for further technical updates.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Berkunath A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon