We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Custome style of Report Designer

Hello

I have just downloaded your trial version, and I want to use the report designer embedded in a WPF application. I want to customize the designer with the chart of color of my Theme.

First, I tried to apply the Metro style with the SkinManager.SetVisualStyle() on the report designer, after  I modified the color with SkinManage.SetXXXXBrush(). Unfortunately, the theme was not applied correctly (e.g. the button color in the ribbon bar, the background of the treeview in the ReportDataExplorer, etc).

I have also tried to modify the style of the control from Visual Studio, but it was a simple ControlPresenter into a border.

My question is : If we purchase the full framework, will we have the source code in order to modify the style of the control in a deeper way (in order to be able to change the template of each control) ?

Thank you in advance.
Looking forward to your reply.

3 Replies

AS Anandakumar S Syncfusion Team December 19, 2013 06:05 AM UTC

Hi Poulain,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

We have prepared a customization sample for ReportDesigner, it can be downloaded from the following location.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/user/directTrac/111476/Report Designer-2127117473.zip

We are currently working on the Source code add-on setup. Our Essential Studio 2013 volumn 4 Source code add-on setup will available to download on 23rd December 2013 and you can modify your custom code.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Anandakumar S

PO Poulain December 19, 2013 08:42 AM UTC

Hey,

Thank you for you quick answer.

I'm facing with a problem when I try to modify or to switch in the Viewer mode. This Exception is raised "Requested value 'Non' was not found."

On the viewer mode bug, this execption is raised after calling reportdesignview.GetReportStream()

Thank you for your time, 

AS Anandakumar S Syncfusion Team December 19, 2013 10:18 AM UTC

Hi Poulain,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused.

In our previous update we wrongly provided the sample (missing some files while compression) .  We have included  the proper compressed sample file and it can be downloaded from  the below location.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ReportDesignerCustomization-90781635.zip

If you still face any issues please create direct trac incident with your sample application. We will get back to you with much more details through the incident.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Anandakumar S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon