We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Office 2003 style for MDI tabbed layout?

Is there in 2.0.2.1 beta of Essential Tools support for Office 2003 style of tabbed MDI ?

11 Replies

MW Martin Webrant March 9, 2004 09:30 AM UTC

>Is there in 2.0.2.1 beta of Essential Tools support for Office 2003 style of tabbed MDI ? public class TabbedMDIManager2003 : Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TabbedMDIManager { public TabbedMDIManager2003() { } protected override void InitMDITabPanel(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.MDITabPanel tabPanel) { base.InitMDITabPanel(tabPanel); tabPanel.TabStyle = typeof(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.OneNoteStyleRenderer); tabPanel.Padding = new Point(6, 0); //tabPanel.ActiveTabFont = Syncfusion.Drawing.FontUtil.CreateFont(tabPanel.Font, FontStyle.Regular); tabPanel.Size = new Size(10, 19); tabPanel.HotTrack = true; } }

SS Slim Shady March 9, 2004 12:27 PM UTC

Oh God!:-) >>Is there in 2.0.2.1 beta of Essential Tools support for Office 2003 style of tabbed MDI ? > > public class TabbedMDIManager2003 : Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TabbedMDIManager > { > public TabbedMDIManager2003() > { > } > > protected override void InitMDITabPanel(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.MDITabPanel tabPanel) > { > base.InitMDITabPanel(tabPanel); > > tabPanel.TabStyle = typeof(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.OneNoteStyleRenderer); > tabPanel.Padding = new Point(6, 0); > //tabPanel.ActiveTabFont = Syncfusion.Drawing.FontUtil.CreateFont(tabPanel.Font, FontStyle.Regular); > tabPanel.Size = new Size(10, 19); > tabPanel.HotTrack = true; > } > }

SS Slim Shady March 9, 2004 01:32 PM UTC

just check what is office 2003 style for tabbed application layout guys ....no further explanations Syncfusion_6491.zip dotNetBar_827.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 9, 2004 08:04 PM UTC

Hi, Please derive from the TabbedMDIManager class to create a custom TabbedMDIManager as shown in the code below : public class TabbedMDIManager2003 : TabbedMDIManager { public TabbedMDIManager2003 () : base() { } protected override void InitMDITabPanel(MDITabPanel tabPanel) { tabPanel.TabStyle = typeof(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.OneNoteStyleRenderer); base.InitMDITabPanel(tabPanel); } } Now use this TabbedMDIManager2003 in place of the TabbedMDIManager in your application. This will render the tabs in the OneNoteStyle. I have attached a sample application here which illustrates the same. Also, please refer to the following KB article for additional information : How to access the tab control and the tabs in the Tabbed MDI layout? This KB article is available at this link : http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10101 Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SS Slim Shady March 10, 2004 05:00 AM UTC

Hi there, I''m trying to explain to you that this is not Office 2003 style at all.:) >Hi, > >Please derive from the TabbedMDIManager class to create a custom TabbedMDIManager as shown in the code below : > >public class TabbedMDIManager2003 : TabbedMDIManager > { > public TabbedMDIManager2003 () : base() > { > > } > > protected override void InitMDITabPanel(MDITabPanel tabPanel) > { > tabPanel.TabStyle = typeof(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.OneNoteStyleRenderer); > base.InitMDITabPanel(tabPanel); > } > > } > >Now use this TabbedMDIManager2003 in place of the TabbedMDIManager in your application. This will render the tabs in the OneNoteStyle. I have attached a sample application here which illustrates the same. Also, please refer to the following KB article for additional information : > >How to access the tab control and the tabs in the Tabbed MDI layout? > >This KB article is available at this link : >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10101 > >Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 10, 2004 10:39 AM UTC

Hi, Thanks for the update. Could you please send us a screenshot showing the TabStyle that you wish to have ? We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SS Slim Shady March 10, 2004 12:07 PM UTC

Hi, Please check my message from this post. There are two screenshots attached(they are zipped since you''re supporting only zip attachements, this is another issues - give possiblity in forums pictures to be posted :-) here is the style that is office 2003 http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/Uploads/dotNetBar_827.zip >Hi, > >Thanks for the update. Could you please send us a screenshot showing the TabStyle that you wish to have ? We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 10, 2004 09:24 PM UTC

Hi, Thanks for the update. Please refer to the red circled sections in pictures attached. The default TabStyle of the TabbedMDI forms looks exactly like Office2003 TabStyle. Let me know if I am missing something here. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SS Slim Shady March 11, 2004 05:20 AM UTC

Man I''m tired to explan the difference between your "OFFICE 2003" and the Office2003 Look at the tab pages tabs - your is NOT like rectangle and the color GRADIENT is different also. anyway >Hi, > >Thanks for the update. Please refer to the red circled sections in pictures attached. The default TabStyle of the TabbedMDI forms looks exactly like Office2003 TabStyle. Let me know if I am missing something here. We appreciate your cooperation. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2004 01:35 PM UTC

Hi Slim, It seams to me that you got anywhere an exact description of the Office2003 style. Would you please share this to other forum readers? Thanks, Thomas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2004 01:52 PM UTC

Hi Slim, Thanks for the update. We have considered this as a feature request (QA# 415) for a future release of Essential Suite. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon