We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Issue with DateTime Label/Axis and fixed interval

Hi,

I have related post in a wrong section (winForm). I create this one here to clarify my issue.

I need to display financial indicator on a WPF chart. It's a real time data with one new point every minute. I have 2 main requirements.

- I want to have the x-axis line/label every hour (at 9:00, 10:00, 11:00 ....).

- I want to have a dynamic range.  I want to always display all the data and keep the range as small as possible.   A normal chart has the first point at 8:50 and last one at 3:30.

So the chart should to start the day with something like 1H range and progressively extend to 9H range.

Actually I have used  the following settings and that works pretty well, but there is something wrong with  the X labels.

IsAutoSetRange="True"

PrimaryAxis.MinimumDateTimeInterval = new TimeSpan(1, 0, 0);

The issue is that the label display are not stable. It is continously oscillating between   XX:00 and XX:59 ( ex : 8:59 <-> 9:00).

I told my co-worker it is a "normal quantum mechanics issue" but look I need a better explanation.

There is a way to solve that issue.

I have attached a sample which simulate a day.

Also ideally, as the first point start 8:50, I want the chart to start at 8:50 but I want the first line at 9:00 and every plain hour (9:00 10:00, 11:00 ....).

There was DateTimeOffset property to solve that problem in WinForm chart. Do we have the same thing in WPF ??

ChartSample1_27c23a7a.zip

5 Replies

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team December 18, 2013 06:19 AM UTC

Hi Rodolphe,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

As per your requirement we have modified your sample. Please find the modified sample from the following location.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/117003/ChartSample992102953.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Muneesh Kumar G.

RB Rodolphe Billottet December 19, 2013 05:07 AM UTC

Hi Muneesh

Thanks, for your reply and code sample.

Basically the solution is not to use the "AutoSetRange" and to manage the range internally. I will use that solution.

What about the DateTimeOffset ?

Is there a way to add an Offset between the begining of the chart and the first line/interval.

I have attached a image as sample of what I want.

Best regards,

Rodolphe

ChartIntervalWithOffset.png_7aff3d4b.zip

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team December 21, 2013 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Rodolphe,

Thanks for your update.

We can achieve label offset by setting IntervalOffset property as per the below code snippet.

Code Snippet [XAML]:

<syncfusion:ChartAxis x:Name="xaxis"  IntervalOffset="-0.2"

LabelTemplate="{StaticResource labelsTemplate}"  OpposedPosition="True" ValueType="DateTime"

LabelDateTimeFormat="HH:mm" EdgeLabelsDrawingMode="Shift" IsAutoSetRange="True" >

We have prepared a sample based on this and you can find the sample under the following location:

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Muneesh Kumar G.

ChartSample_86450bc4.zip

RB Rodolphe Billottet January 8, 2014 10:02 AM UTC

Hi Muneesh,

Thanks for your reply.

For some reason, I can't access sample files.

So I have modified my code, adding   IntervalOffset="-0.2"  in the xaml code.

It is not exactly what I want; because now all the line are shifted by 12min

My first initial requirements is to have all x-axis line/label every hour (at 8:00 ,9:00, 10:00, 11:00 ....),

and I have 8:00 then 8:12, 9:12,  10:12,  11:12...

Maybe I have missed something.

Please let me know...

Regards,

Rodolphe

KV Karthikeyan V Syncfusion Team January 15, 2014 04:57 AM UTC

Hi Rodolphe,

Thanks for the update.

We have analysed the reported query and you can achieved your requirement by setting both IntervalOffset and MinimumDateTimeInterval properties.

Code snippet [XAML]:

<syncfusion:ChartAxis x:Name="xaxis"  IntervalOffset="-0.2"                                              LabelTemplate="{StaticResource labelsTemplate}" MinimumDateTimeInterval="1:0:0"  OpposedPosition="True" ValueType="DateTime"  LabelDateTimeFormat="HH:mm" EdgeLabelsDrawingMode="Shift" IsAutoSetRange="True" >

We have prepared a sample based on this. Please find the sample under the following location.

Please let us know if you any query.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan V.

ChartSample_854681ad.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon