We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Does syncfusion have printing support for xaml or pdf?

Does syncfusion have a control for printing either xaml grid or generated pdf?

15 Replies

US Uthistran S Syncfusion Team December 5, 2013 10:09 AM UTC

Hi Nate,

Thank you for your update.

Yes, Syncfusion PdfViewer control can print the generated Pdf document.

We have attached a simple Windows form Sample to print the Pdf document

Please, let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Uthistran S.

WF_Printing_4432ca38.zip

NS Nate Snowball December 5, 2013 02:04 PM UTC

I'm sorry I wasn't clear.  I meant for winrt.  I've written an app with winrt printing capability and it was extremely complicated.  Was wondering if syncfusion could make it less complicated.  Badically, I want to print the generated pdf using syncfusion for winrt. 

Thank you for your wonderful help.

US Uthistran S Syncfusion Team December 9, 2013 12:14 PM UTC

Hi Nate,
Thank you for your update.
We have created a simple PdfViewer WinRT sample to view and print the generated PDF document and we have attached the Sample for your reference.
Please, let us know if you need any further assistance.
Thanks,
Uthistran S.

PdfViewerWinRT_Sample_68c81ed0.zip

NS Nate Snowball December 17, 2013 11:07 PM UTC

I apologize for going back to this.

I noticed that the referenced files are either for x86, x64, or ARM.  There is no library file that will work for any cpu.  How do I make it so the compiled version will work in any metro environment under any cpu?

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team December 19, 2013 06:29 AM UTC

Hi Nate,

Thank you for your response.

We internally use DirectX for rendering the content of the PDF document in the PDF Viewer. The DirectX does not come in AnyCPU configuration that is the reason why we do not support AnyCPU mode in the PDF Viewer. We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio Vol 4 2013 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/115005/Essential-Studio-2013-Volume-4-Final-Release-v114026-available-for-download

The AnyCPU configuration of PDF Viewer is available in this release, for Visual Studion 2013 projects for Windows 8.1

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Suresh

NS Nate Snowball December 23, 2013 07:32 PM UTC

Ok, I've updated to .26.  I'm sorry to come back to this again.  But the sample posted earlier in this thread doesn't really help.

Say I've a class that uses syncfusion to generate a PdfDocument called "document".  How do I use pdfViewer.Print(); to print out this generated pdf document in c#?  I've already designed my own button and everything.   

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team December 24, 2013 10:39 AM UTC

Hi Nate,

Please find the sample available in the link below to load the PDF document created in the PDF viewer.

Sample link: PDFViewerWintRT_2013.zip

Thanks,

Suresh

NS Nate Snowball December 30, 2013 11:36 AM UTC

I'm just curious.  When will the files posted here be available for download again?  For the past week, every time I click on a file it would say not available due to maintenance.

NS Nate Snowball January 1, 2014 11:27 PM UTC

Can you guys please reupload that last sample?  Links are broken.  keeps taking me to error page.  Thank you.

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team January 2, 2014 04:20 AM UTC

Hi Nate,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused,

Please find the sample in the last post in the link below.

Sample link: PDFViewerWintRT_2013.zip

Thanks,

Suresh

NS Nate Snowball January 3, 2014 02:34 AM UTC

I'm sorry to not have gotten this working.  It should be simple.  But after spending 3 hours on this trying out everything I could think of, it is still kicking my ass.

I've been able to get the pdf rendered in the pdfViewer.  But every time I call pdfViewer.Print(); I always get an error.  The kicker is every time I call pdfViewer.Print(); in your sample, it works perfectly.  I don't understand, considering both codes are identical.  Copy and paste.  Any idea what I'm missing?

NS Nate Snowball January 3, 2014 03:02 AM UTC

Hello, I just figured out what is causing the error.  the LOB app we've been working on opens up multiple views.  pdfViewer.Print(); does not work when the page is a multiple view of the app.  Can you please help us on how to go around this issue?

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team January 3, 2014 04:50 AM UTC

Hi Nate,

Thank you for your update

Can you please create a direct trac incident and provide us the sample with which the issue could be reproduced. It would be more helpful for us to further continue our investigation.

Thanks,

Suresh

NS Nate Snowball January 3, 2014 02:29 PM UTC

Here is a modified version of the sample you linked to in your post from January 1, 2014.  The top button will open the MainPage.xaml in a new window (new view) while the bottom button will navigate to it.  Printing will not work in a new view while printing will work if you just navigate to it.

PDFViewerWintRTnavigatevsnewwindow_7adf0517.zip

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team January 6, 2014 04:16 AM UTC

Hi Nate,

We are able to reproduce the issue with the sample provided. Please create a direct trac incident to follow up the fix for this issue.

Thanks,

Suresh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon